Tuesday, May 11, 2010

CAS Birthday Card

Hey there! Have you seen the weekly challenges over at CAS-tastic? They post a new challenge every Wednesday! The most current challenge was to create a clean and simple (CAS) birthday card! (The challenge ends in about 8 hours, so I'm getting this in just in time!)


This was a toughie for me! I kept wanting to add scallops, buttons, bling, etc. I had to keep reminding myself to keep it CAS!!! (Couldn't resist a bow at the top though! Ha!)

If you visit my blog frequently you know that I'm addicted to coloring this design from "For the Love of Dots" (Practicing Creativity). I cut out three different length strips from the dot panel and then colored patterns on each one with a black Copic Sketch Marker.


When I stacked them I thought they looked like a present, so I added the bow to the top. Originally, I was going to make the entire card kraft, black & white, but I felt like it needed a little oomph! So, I added the raspberry fizz panel behind the present.


I think I'm still trying to figure out my "design style." I love how all of the amazing challenges out there inspire us to try new things!

So, now for some chit-chat! I have been absent from blogland for almost a week now because (1) my craft studio is such a mess that it's totally distracting me and I REALLY need to clean it up, and (2) I had a completely fun-filled weekend!

On Saturday I had a great time meeting and hanging out with some of my blog friends at a local stamp convention! These ladies are so incredibly sweet, and we totally clicked!! So much FUN! I met Michele, Jenny, Tenia, Lucille, Kazan, and Laura!! Check out their blogs! And trust me when I say they are just as fabulous in person as they are in blogland!!!

On Sunday the weather here in Colorado was GORGEOUS! So, my husband and I hiked Mount Morrison! We thought it would be about a two hour hike-----FOUR hours later we made it back to the truck! It was really steep, and there were a couple of times when I thought, "How in the world are we going to get down from here?" But...the views were incredible!!! We could see a long stretch of the Continental Divide, Bear Creek Canyon, downtown Denver, Red Rocks, etc.!! Well worth the treck! And boy oh boy are my legs feeling it today! Ha!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope all of the moms out there had a fabulous Mother's Day!

---------------------
Supplies:
Stamped Images - "For the Love of Dots" (Practicing Creativity)
Stamped Sentiment - "Enjoy the Ride" (Papertrey Ink)
Ink - "Onyx Black VersaFine" (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Marker
Cardstock - "Kraft" (PTI), "Stampers' Choice White" (PTI), "Raspberry Fizz" (PTI), "Black" (The Paper Company)
Gingham Ribbon (Morex Corp)
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Zots (Therm-o-web)

Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 4.25"

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Oh my goodness, this is fantastic. The patterns you've created-I'm just speechless! And the card wouldn't be the same without the pink, fantastic! *and thanks for playing too*

Tenia Nelson said...

Man.....this card rocks Miss Lisa....love it to pieces!!! I had a blast with you ladies as well....

-t

Brandi said...

So cute! Love how you created the cake!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, love this fabulous graphic beauty! This card is wonderful ... with huge eye-appeal!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "CAS-tastic Wednesday" birthday card challenge!

Ayana Posadas said...

What a fantastic card! I love how you turned that pattern into a cake! And ohh, how fun it must have been to meet some of your blog buddies in person!!! I was actually chatting with Michele for a bit on Facebook, and she had mentioned meeting you all. I told her I was super jealous! haha... I really do hope to someday meet some of my blogging buddies too!
I'm glad you girls had a fun time!!! :)