Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Rainbow Thanks

 
Today I'm playing along with the most recent CAS on Sunday Challenge: "Sentiment" (use only a sentiment: no image).

I recently purchased the Hinged Thanks Designer Die from Essentials By Ellen and this was a great opportunity to put it to use! Here's what I came up with:


I adhered colored cardstock strips under each letter to create a happy rainbow. Here's a closer look:



I had so much fun making this one that I couldn't resist making another (very similar---just changed up the patterned paper).



I am totally smitten with this die and can't wait to make more cards (and even some tags) with it! I have several ideas I want to try out.

Hope you liked my cards for today.

Thanks for stopping by!

-------------------------------
Supplies:
Cardstock: White, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Black Mini Dot 12x12 (Pebbles), Day Of The Dead 12x12 (Pebbles)
Dies: Hinged Thanks By Julie (Essentials By Ellen), Dots and Dashes Wise Dies (Paper Smooches), Nesting Card Templates (Lifestyle Crafts)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal) 
 

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

The rainbow was a superb choice...what a fun card!

Kim S said...

How fun! The colors are fabulous - and I love the black gingham behind it.

Brenda in IN said...

What a fun die this is. I love the rainbow colors behind it and the black papers are a great background for it.

Zw@@n said...

Wow, stunning cards, Lisa. I love the die and the gorgeous idea with the colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Lisa Elton said...

Hey Lisa! For some reason your posts have not been showing up in my reader...goofy blogger! I've missed so many of your incredible cards. Took a run back through and love them all. This one, with the colors behind the letters, is SO creative!! Signed up to follow by email, that should remedy things!

anja curvers said...

WoW this is stunning great die and I love the rainbow peek. Glad you joined us over at CAS on Sunday.

Christi Flores said...

This is amazing!! Love!!