Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Brighter

Hey there! Popping in really quickly to share I card I made just for the fun of it!


When I was looking at my new DeNami Design stamps, I caught a glimpse of the cupcake holder (from Ice Cream Shoppe 1) upside down and thought it looked like a lampshade. So...I paired it up with the Pedestal and made my own lamp! The chevron background was handstamped using the newly released Modern Borders 1 stamp set (DeNami Design). LOVE it!!! And the sentiment is from Paper Smooches! FUN!

I hope you like my creation for today!!! Thanks for stopping by!

I've been fighting a nasty cold for the past few days. Ugh. I think my poor husband is ready to boot me to the couch because I've been keeping him up all night with my cough. Fingers crossed that I kick this little bug soon and that Tony doesn't get it.

-------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: cupcake holder from Ice Cream Shoppe 1 CL-CB003, chevron from Modern Borders 1 CL-BD005, and Pedestal G123 (DeNami Design); sentiment from Giddy Bugs (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko); Smokey Gray Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: White, Sky Blue (DeNami Design); Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Everyday Moments (Teresa Collins)
Ribbon: White 3/8" Grosgrain (DeNami Design)
Baker's Twine: Buttercream (The Twinery)
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper: (We R Memory Keepers)


10 comments:

Lisa said...

Very clever use of the stamps Lisa! What a fun card ;)

Theresa said...

Hi Lisa, what a darling card. Love the font on the sentiment.

Hope you get on the mend soon.

...:::Paulina:::... said...

You have done it again. Where does all of this creativity come from, Lisa! I'm thinking you should send some of it over here to me.....

I hope you feel better ASAP! Being sick is definitely not fun. :(

~amy~ said...

awwwww....super creative, I love it!

~Tammy~ said...

Super cute Lisa and super creative! Hope you feel better soon! I can sympathize as most of 2012 has been a sick one for me which is not usual as I am one that is hardly sick!

Michele Gross said...

OMG! How awesome is this?! Love your creativity :)

Emily Keaton said...

That is SO creative, Lisa! Turning a cupcake into a lamp? You've always got your thinking cap on. I love seeing what you come up with next!! And these colors are fabulous. I really love them!

I hope you are feeling better soon and that Tony stays healthy even as you come out of this!! Be well!!

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely brilliant! Love the patterns and colours! The layout is great too!

Jen Carter said...

It DOES look like a lamp!! How cute and creative!

Wendy said...

Super fun and creative way to use that stamp! I love having more than one way to use stamps. Great idea.