Sunday, March 11, 2012

Birthday Blog Hop With DeNami Design


Hello and welcome to your next stop on DeNami Design's Birthday Blog Hop!!! If you're on track you've arrived here from the SUPER CREATIVE blog of Barbara Murphy. If not...no worries...just click HERE to start at the beginning.

When I think of BIRTHDAYS I can't help but think of sweet treats! Plus I'm TOTALLY IN LOVE with DeNami's new Ice Cream Shoppe 1 Stamp Set-----soooo perfect for a variety of occasions!


My husband and I LOVE malts/shakes, and some of the BEST are served up at 50's-style diners, so that's the look I was trying to create in this card!

Thanks for hopping along with us today!!! Remember to leave a comment on each participant's blog along the way! DeNami Design is giving away THREE gift certificates to their on-line store (TWO to random commenters and ONE to a random participant)!!! With all of the new release goodies who wouldn't LOVE to win some shopping money?!?!?! You have until 11:59PM PST on March 12, 2012 to leave your comments! GOOD LUCK!

Next stop: the INCREDIBLE blog of Nicki Scheck!! ENJOY!

-----------------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko), Smokey Gray Versafine (Tsukineko), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Black, Petal Pink, Iridescent Aquamarine (DeNami Design); Stampers' Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Vellum: White Vellum (DeNami Design)
Embossing Powder: Sterling Silver (Stampendous!)
Copic Sketch Markers
Crystal Lacquer: (Sakura Hobby Craft)
Baker's Twine: Maraschino (The Twinery)
Red Brad: Childhood 2 Mini Circle Brads (Making Memories)
Vellum Adhesive: (Tombow)
Scor-Tape: (Scor-Pal)
Pop Dots: (Plaid Enterprises)
Adhesive Foam Squares




37 comments:

Brandi said...

This is adorable!

Lynn said...

You rocked the diner feel! This is so cute...love how you made the malt look frosted with the vellum.

Heidi H said...

I love the retro feel of this card -- so cute. The vellum to make the glass look frosted is a really neat idea!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun design, I love malted milk shakes too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Chuckle, love this!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the retro colors! Awesome card! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Yum! I scream for ice cream! LOL Such a great card.

Anonymous said...

Amazing card! Makes me wish I grew up in the era of soda fountains and drive-in movies!

VanessaB said...

oooooooh i LOVE this card! SO FUN! great design and colors.

Last Teacher Standing said...

Delicious card.

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely brilliant!!! Love it!

Tina M said...

This just makes me smile. Creating the "diner floor" with the new border stamp is just too cute!!

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

You definitely got the 50's style diner them right on. This card is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Lesley @
Trendy Twine

JenMarie said...

Oh my so CUTE! Looks good enough to drink!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this retro diner card Lisa! Makes me think of Happy Days and the Fonz!!

Sharon Roselli said...

I want a sip of that shake! great card.

Linda said...

A great idea! Very sweet!

Sheryl said...

Wow, the vellum used on the malt glass is fabulous! This card screams 50's diner - love it!

Christine said...

Love your creation!

cassie said...

so retro - love it!

Unknown said...

Lisa this is perfect retro yumminess! i love this scene...you're making me want that new set! great card :)

rhogan18 said...

Great card. Love the diner theme. The colors are perfect for that as well as the stamps.

Chelsea said...

What a fun card, and perfect use of colours

~Tammy~ said...

Oh yeah you totaaly rocked the retro diner look! This is one cool card and my new
Lisa favorite! I loveeeee this!!!!

Carol said...

This card is too cute! I love old fashioned diners and this is what it reminds me of!

Kimberly said...

So cute! I love it. Great card!

The Wolverina /// said...

Oh I am ready for one of those! Great card!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is OUTSTANDING, Lisa!! So creative and fun. You totally nailed the retro look of a 50s-style diner. Sa-WEET!! You are truly amazing, my friend. :D

Kathy Mc said...

Too funny! Before I finished reading your blog post, I saw your gorgeous card. Made me think of the 50's diners immediately. And your strawberry milkshake looks good enough to drink, topped off with whipped cream and a cherry. Perfection here, Lisa!

Hedgehog Reader said...

What a darling card -
love the crisp black and white straw and tabletop -
and that strawberry milkshake looks good enough to eat!

Laurie said...

This is SO cute!! I love the clear look of the glass! This is awesome my friend!

Suzanne Bier said...

Love the retro look of your card! :)

Tambo said...

I love how you captured the 50'ss diner!!! This is a great card. It would make a great card for anyone bracket age bracket too. tfs Tami
Tambos Creations!

Rae Ann said...

That shake looks good enough to eat! I totally got the 50's-style diner feel when I looked at it! Love it!

Patty B said...

Hey, Lisa!!! What a super cute card this is! The milk shake looks yummy and I love the retro colors! Great job!

Crafty_kitten at mac dot com

Paulina said...

L-O-V-E. That's pretty much all I can say about this amazing creation. (I'm speechless, really)

I wish I could just fly out to CO to watch you craft- I would have the time of my life just seeing you come up with your pretty creations!