Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love Bug

Hey there! Today I'm sharing a card I made using the SUPER FUN layout at the most recent Card Patterns Sketch Challenge AND the GORGEOUS color combo at Jay Gee's Nook!



Here's my creation:

This cute little baby card features an ADORABLE image and sentiment from "Giddy Bugs" by Paper Smooches! I was SO EXCITED to find this stamp set in my prize box from the World Card Making Day Contest!!! And that beautiful border??? That's the Abstract Flower Edger Punch (EK Success)---also part of the same prize box!!! AND...the patterned papers I used to create the background are from the Farmhouse Collection by October Afternoon, which I was LUCKY enough to win from their blog!!! WOOHOO!!!!! A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to all of these AMAZING companies for their incredible generosity!!! I am having SO MUCH FUN crafting with your products!!

I hope you're having a GREAT week, blog friends!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

----------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Giddy Bugs (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Brown Kraft (DeNami Design), Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Yellow (?)
Patterned Paper: Farmhouse (October Afternoon), Lost and Found Two: Rosy (My Mind's Eye)
Die: Doily Details Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Punch: Abstract Flower Edger Punch (EK Success)
Buttons: Wood (Simplicity Creative Group)
Twine: Caramel (American Crafts)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Pop Dots: (Plaid Enterprises)
Glue: Scrap Fusion Adhesive (Ivy Scraps)
Adhesive Tape Runner: (Tombow)
Adhesive Tape Gun: Scotch ATG 700
Zots: (Therm-o-web)



12 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This is so gorgeous Lisa! The colours are wonderful together and this card just says 'happy' to me - perfect for a new baby. Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is one of my favorites from you Lisa! Wow I just love everything about it. I so want the Farmhouse collection ;)

Emily Keaton said...

Adorable! I love all of the free goodies you put in this, Lisa :)

Christina said...

Seriously CUTE! Goodness, that little love bug makes me smile. I adore the alternating patterns on your background and the doily border. So glad you could join us this week at Card Patterns!

Karen M said...

Your card is so cute! I love all the lovely colours you have used and such a sweet bug x x

Jen W. said...

Love that little paper pieced bee and the fabulous patterned paper background!

~Tammy~ said...

Lisa, this is so fun and I love that little love bug! How cute! As always, your paper choices are amazing and fun!

Amy Kolling said...

Ooooohhhhh Lisa, this is really pretty! I love those papers and of course those yummy colors! I may have to give these colors a try!!! hmmmm.....I also think I need to go find that border punch!

Emily Leiphart said...

Lisa, I LOVE your paper pieced bug! The layout is gorgeous, too. I love the papers.

Clare said...

Love the yellow and kraft, thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

~amy~ said...

Farmhouse Paper Smooches...gotta love that.

Unknown said...

Super cute card Lisa, love that little bee and all that lovely DP. Thanks so much for playing along with us this month .... Ange