Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Old Pickup

Hi there! Today I'm sharing a card I created based on the most recent Tuesday Trigger photo over at the Moxie Fab World! Here's the inspiration photo:


LOVE LOVE LOVE this color combo! To me, this looks like a porch on an old country farmhouse. That, in turn, made me think of old fashioned pickup trucks (I know...my mind works in mysterious ways *wink*). So, here's what I came up with:


That little pickup truck is part of the Cars and Trucks Stamp Set TR28 from DeNami Design---TOTAL CUTENESS! I stamped and colored it twice with Copic Sketch Markers, cut both images out, and popped them up for dimension. Then, I added some Crystal Lacquer to the body of the truck and some sparkle to the headlight with a Spica glitter pen! The embossed brick background is a new (to me) Tim Holtz embossing folder that I bought during my visit to Artsy (our new local stamp shop in Colorado)!

I hope you like my card for today and feel inspired to get inky!!! Remember to head on over to the Moxie Fab World for all of the Tuesday Trigger details and to check out what all of the talented participants have made!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

***And one more quick note----There's still time to create a BOY card for the DeNami Design Theme Challenge! The challenge ends tonight at 11:59pm PST! There's a $20 gift certificate up for grabs!!! Click HERE for all of the deets!

-------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Cars and Trucks Stamp Set TR28 (DeNami Design)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: Stampers' Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Box Basics (PTI), Yellow Sugar (Jillibean Soup)
Sizzix Embossing Folder: Bricked (Tim Holtz)
Clear Spica Pen
Punch: Upper Crest Border Punch (Fiskars)
Edge Distresser: (Heidi Swapp)
Ribbon: Robin's Egg Blue 5/8" Grosgrain (DeNami Design)
Rustic Twine: (PTI)
Brad: Bottlecap (Making Memories)
Double-Sided Tape: (X-Press It)
Pop Dots: (All Night Media)
Crystal Lacquer: (Sakura)


8 comments:

Jingle said...

This is adorable!!! I love it!

Paulina said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa, could this card get any cuter?! I love everything about this cutie! Way to ROCK out this color combo, girlie!

Amy said...

Oh i just love the whole design of your card! and that little truck is fabulous!! this is one of my FAVE color combos as well!!

Shawne said...

Ooooh, I LOVE this card, these colors are gorgeous and the whole design is just perfect, that little truck is way to cute!!!

Karen B. said...

This is adorable Lisa, love those patterns, colors and the textures!

Laura Davis said...

This is adorable, I love the brick! :)
HUgs
Laura

~Tammy~ said...

Lisa, this is so cute! I love your style girl!

Laurie said...

SO SO cute! I love that brick background!