Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little Birdie - Covered Notepad

Here's a little covered notepad that I made for my mom! She recently reached her first milestone on the Weight Watchers program, and I wanted to send her a little something to congratulate her! Yay, Mom!! Way to go!

The template for the notepad cover was downloaded from Nichole Heady's blog. Click HERE to find the template. The cute little birdie is from "Everday Button Bits" by Papertrey Ink. Isn't she sweet? To create the birdie's eye, I tied brown floss into a french knot---something I learned from a video link on THIS post. Here's a close-up of little birdie:


Here's a photo of the inside. I love how the template includes a pocket---so handy. The notepad was purchased from Papertrey Ink. They're sold in packages of ten, and are really reasonably priced.


I stamped the bottoms of the notepad pages with various sentiments from Papertrey Ink: "Everyday is a gift," "Fill this day with joy," etc. Here's a close-up of one of the other pages:

This was a really fun project! My husband assured me my mom would be squealing with absolute delight upon receiving it in the mail. I hope so!

Have a GREAT day!

_____________________________________________________

Supplies:

Stamped Image & Sentiments - "Everyday Button Bits" (Papertrey Ink); Ink - "Timber Brown StazOn" (Tsukineko); Cardstock - "Dark Brown and Tan" (scraps from my scrap box), "Orange" (Bazzill Basics); Patterned Paper (American Crafts); Scallop Square Punch (Marvy Uchida); 1/16" Hole Punch (McGill); Marker - "Dark Brown" (Marvy); Button - "Baby Boy" (SEI); Ribbon - "Chick-a-doo" (SEI); Floss - "Brown" (Janlynn); Glue Gun; Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web); Glue Dots; Terrifically Tacky Tape (Provo Craft); Notepad Cover Template (Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink); Cream Lined Notepad (Papertrey Ink)

Finished Size: 2.5" x 8"

1 comment:

Paulina said...

Super, duper adorable, Lisa! I love how you hold punch the scallop square- I need to try that sometime!