Monday, February 8, 2010

Compose a Card Challenge #2

Hello, blog friends! Have you seen the weekly challenges that Becky Oehlers is hosting over at her blog, hemidemisemiquaver {BLOG} design? Well, I just discovered this fantastic little challenge delight, and let me tell you, IT IS SO MUCH FUN! Every Tuesday, Becky provides a cutting and color recipe (and a song to rock out to), and participants have to create a card using the recipe. I tried it out this week for the first time.
Here's the most recent cutting and color recipe:
And here's the card I came up with:

I created that paper flower in the lower left-hand corner by following Tina's video tutorial over at Traveling Mama (Thanks, Tina!!!). Click HERE if you'd like to learn how to make some of these paper flowers!!! I think it turned out super cute, and it's so easy!! Here's a closer look:
And a close-up of the other flowers, punched from cardstock:


I have lots of friends with birthdays in February and March, so I had them in mind when I created this card! Thanks for stopping by today!!! Hope your week is off to a good start!

___________________________________________________

Supplies:

Stamped Sentiment - "Everday Button Bits" (Papertrey Ink); Ink - "Magenta" (Color Box); Cardstock - "White" (The Paper Company), "Bright Pink" (scraps from my scrap box); Patterned Paper - "Lena & Hans" (Cosmo Cricket), "Alissa Spunky" (BoBunny); Flower Punch (EK Success); Mini Brad - "Lily White" (Doodlebug Design); Buttons and Twine (purchased at Michaels); Glue Dots; Corner Rounder; 1/16" Hole Punch (McGill); Double-Sided Adhesive Foam Tape (Scotch)

Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5.5"

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a pretty card! The paper flower is gorgeous!! I loved this challenge too. :0)