Saturday, February 26, 2011

Little Owl Family

Hi there! My husband and I are going to a couples baby shower this afternoon for our friends who are expecting their first baby in April! So, I thought I'd pop in really quickly to show you the card I made for them.


The invitation suggested that each couple bring a children's book for the baby's nursery, so we are taking along one of my very favorites: Little Hoot.


It's a really cute story about an owl who wants to go to bed at night (like all of his friends), but his parents insist on him staying up all night because he's an owl! HA!

I wanted my card to go along with the owl theme, so I created a little owl family using DeNami Design's Owls Stamp Set PF32. I also used Jen Del Muro's most recent "Sketch For You To Try":



I handstamped the plaid strip using the Three Line Border N128 and the polka dot background using Medium Polka Dots N136 (both from DeNami Design). The woodgrain behind the owls is from Papertrey Ink.


Hope you're having a fun weekend!!! Thanks for stopping by today!

---------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Owls Stamp Set PF32, Three Line Border N128, Medium Polka Dots N136, Everyday Greetings Stamp Set PF29 (DeNami Design); Background Basics: Woodgrain (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Rich Cocoa and Desert Sand Memento (Tsukineko), Timber Brown StazOn (Tsukineko), VersaMark (Tsukineko), Rose Bud and Angel Pink Memento (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: Kraft, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Stampers' Select White (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Truffle (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Box Basics and Dotty Biscotti (Papertrey Ink), 8x8 Flower Ledger (Making Memories)
Punches: Apron Lace (Fiskars), Scallop Square (Marvy Uchida)
Ribbon: Hot Pink Grosgrain 3/8" (DeNami Design)
Button: Boutique Buttons (DeNami Design)
Embroidery Floss: White (Janlynn)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Pop Dots: All Night Media
Adhesive Tape Runner: (Therm-o-web)
Double-Sided Tape: (X-Press It) 

12 comments:

Paulina said...

Eeeeek! This is so adorable, Lisa! I was just thinking that I need to pull these owls out- after seeing your card, now I REALLY want to. :) The couple is going to LOVE this card!!

Karen B. said...

Adorable! I hope you had a lot of fun today!

Diane Jaquay said...

So so ADORABLE! Love the colors on this one!

Laurie Chilton said...

Love the wood grain background behind those adorable owls. Sooooo cute! :)

Andrea M said...

This is positively adorable Lisa!!! I love the colors and the sweet little owl!!! Awesome!!!

Michele Gross said...

So cute!! Your friends are going to love it and that book just sounds wonderful!! Such a thoughtful gift :)

Laurie said...

Lisa this is so adorable! I love the woodgrain and the polka dots in the background!

petrii said...

Hi ~~ your card is so cute!! I came over from CardPatterns. You make the cutest cards. I am really just starting making cards, and I'm having a ball. Bought my first clear stamps today, I'm excited to start playing with them and seeing what I can do.

Nice to "meet" you ~~ have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa... this card is soooo cute! I love it, love it, love it! :)

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my, this is so stinkin' CAUTE! I know they are appreciated this work of love so much! Love this Lisa! Love it!

Laura Davis said...

Oh this is soooooo sweet!
Love it!
Laura

Shauna said...

What precious little owls. You've used such great colours here!