Monday, January 3, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello there! It's been bitterly cold here in the mountains the past few days (below zero in the evenings), so today I'm creating my own sunshine *wink*!!! This is a card I made featuring the newly released Small Cloud E137 image from DeNami Design.


Don't those little clouds look so fluffy and pretty all sparkled up with glitter? And I popped a couple of them up, too, to add dimension. The larger "cloud" is actually the top portion of the Thought Bubble F180 (DeNami Design)---I just stamped it on a scrap piece of white cardstock, cut it out, and adhered it to the card with double-sided tape. I think it makes for a nice combination with the small clouds. 

The rays of sunshine were created using the Three Line Border N128(DeNami Design). I inked the stamp up once and then stamped it multiple times before re-inking it so that the rays would be slightly different intensities of yellow. And how about that whimsical kite??? I paper pieced it with brightly colored cardstock---lovin' those POPS of color!

This card makes me happy, and I hope it brings some sunshine to your day, too!

What did you think of the new DeNami release?!?! ADORABLE, right? Did you order some new goodies? I've been having SO MUCH FUN getting inky with my stash of DeNami! I have LOTS to share in the upcoming weeks! YAY! Looking forward to seeing YOUR creations as well!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a FABULOUS day!

-------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger), Onyx Black VersaFine (Tsukineko), Canary Color Box (Clearsnap), Tea Leaves VersaMagic (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Sky Blue (DeNami Design), Magenta (DeNami Design), Leaf Green (DeNami Design), White (DeNami Design)
Button: Boutique Buttons (DeNami Design)
Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)
Glitter: Xtra Fine Sparklets (DeNami Design)
Twine: Divine Twine (Whisker Graphics)
Punch: 1" Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida)
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Pop Dots (All Night Media)
Glue Dots
Fine Tip Black Marker (PaperMate)



6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Great refreshing card.

Jenny said...

What a creative way to use the line stamp! I love this cute little scene and the clouds are just perfect!

Shawne said...

What a sweet card, love the glitter on the clouds, makes me ready for spring!

Unknown said...

Love the way you incorporated the thought bubble- great idea! Love the sunshine rays too!

Andrea M said...

Oh Lisa those rays of sunshine are just completely fabulous!!! What a fabulous scene you created! Sure to brighten anyone's day!

Laurie said...

This is adorable Lisa! Love those rays of sunshine!!