Monday, January 24, 2011

PDCC #65 - You're Tweet

Hey there! Have you seen the latest color combo over at The Play Date Cafe?!?! LOVE IT!!!! I'm really digging the whole gray + any other color these days---so super hip and trendy!


And here's my creation:


I just received the newly released Birdcage E143 and You're Tweet C82 stamps (DeNami Design) in the mail and had to ink them up right away!!! I also used the Single Tweety Bird A98 and a couple of the birdies from the Tweety Bird Border K83 (DeNami Design)! The birds on this border stamp are spaced really nicely, which makes it super simple to ink up individual birdies using a Dew Drop or Cat's Eye ink pad! Here are a couple of close-ups:



The layered notebook sheets (which I ended up liking) actually resulted from a mistake. In my original design I inked up the bird cages and birdies in London Fog ink. Well...once I had it all together, it just wasn't working for me. I decided that the bird cages and birdies needed to POP more and that Tuxedo Black ink would do the trick. I layered the new panel on top of the old notebook panel and folded up the edge for fun! Just goes to show that mistakes can sometimes lead to good things!


What do you think? I hope you like my card and feel inspired to create something today!!

On a personal note...today is a REALLY HAPPY DAY in the Petrella house!!! The Steelers won yesterday and that means...you got it...Pittsburgh's goin' to the Super Bowl!!! (said of course to the tune of the Steeler song...Here We Go!) WOOHOO! What a game!!! We watched it at our friends' house with some of my husband's co-workers! It was LOTS of fun! We wore our Steeler gear, brought along our Terrible Towels, and shared some Polish Mistakes---these yummy snacks that my Great-Aunt Lois always made for family get-togethers (including Steeler games) growing up in the Burgh!!! Another guy (who grew up in NY) and his family were all decked out in Jets attire! They even tracked down green tortilla chips (guacamole flavored) because they didn't want to bring anything GOLD (wouldn't want to look like a Black & Gold Steelers fan...HA!). His little girl (who's 5) said to me..."Oh yeah, well ALL my friends are JETS fans and even my stuffed animals are JETS fans!!" It was hilarious!

Okay...sorry for the LOOOONNNNGGGG post today! Hope your week is off to a FANTASTIC start too! Thanks for stopping by!

----------------------------------- 
Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko), Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Stampers' Select White (Papertrey Ink), Charcoal Grey Cover (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper: Basics White Paper Pad (Basic Grey), 8x8 Flower Ledger (Making Memories)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Polka Dots (Provo Craft)
Round Binding Edge Edger Punch: (EK Success)
Copic Sketch Markers
Ribbon: Orange Zest Classic Grosgrain (Papertrey Ink)
Button: (purchased at Michaels)
Twine: (Whisker Graphics)
Floss: (Janlynn)
Black Fine Tip Marker: (PaperMate)
Double Sided Tape: (Express It)
Pop Dots: (All Night Media)



17 comments:

Paulina said...

Oh my word, Lisa, this card is amazing! You rocked ALL of the stamps you used, and on top of that, you did a fab job on the challenge! I wasn't too sure about this birdcage at first, but now it's one of my favorites. :) Looks like you enjoy it as much as I do!!

Laurel said...

Oh wow, this is so fabulous!

Michele Gross said...

EEEEkk!! That is so stupendously ca-UTE!! I love this to PIECES!!
Yes, we were a happy house last night as well :) Hubby is a Steelers fan and my dad is a die hard cheesehead so now the text wars begin!
So glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is SOOO Awesome! I love what you did with the birds and the cage images. So Fabulous!

Fiona said...

Love your fun card Lisa! Thanks for using the colours at the Play Date Cafe this week in your creation :)

sharon g said...

They are so tweet (sweet)!

Karen B. said...

Love this layout and the bright colors Lisa!

Jen W. said...

Your layout is fabulous and I love those little birdies! Love the button & twine tag as well. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable Lisa! Really it is!

Unknown said...

LOVE how you paper pieced the birdies, great job with the colors, it turned out fab.

Ruby said...

Ooh it's adorable!!! I LOVE the little birds, they work so well with our colours! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those paper-pieced birdies are so darn cute! Thanks for entering it with us at the Play Date Cafe. :D

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love happy mistakes! I sometimes make my best cards from them. Your birdies are so adorable and they look great on that notebook page. Thanks for sharing your card with the Play Date Cafe this week.

Diane Jaquay said...

OMG Lisa, I LOVE this!!! Those little birdies are just too sweet!

Laurie said...

Over the top adorable!! I love it!!

Andrea Ewen said...

This is so super cute! Love the twine, the notebook page and the adorable birds! Thanks for joining us over at the Play Date Cafe!

Andrea M said...

So cute Lisa!!! This is just wonderful! LOVE IT!!!! All of it! Congrats to your Steelers - I'm a Jets fan so am totally jealous! Good luck to them in the Superbowl!