Wednesday, May 17, 2017

More Butterflies...

Today I'm sharing a thank you card I created using the layout from CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge 221 and featuring the Mini Thank You Stamp Set from Studio Katia!

Here's the sketch:


And here's my take:


The sentiment and butterfly are both from the Mini Thank You Stamp Set by Studio Katia. Isn't it GORGEOUS?!?!!! My crafty friends and I were gifted this set at a retreat in April, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much, Studio Katia!!!

I embossed the sentiment and butterfly in gold and then added a tiny bit of color to the butterfly with Copic Sketch Markers. I also embossed a few dots on and around the focal panel as a finishing touch.

Because of all of the gold shimmer (on the paper and with the embossing) this was a very tricky card to photograph. Here's another look to show off the shine:


I'll be snail mailing this to some friends who hosted a wonderful Indian dinner to celebrate the end of the university school year!

--------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Mini Thank You (Studio Katia), Dual Dots (Endless Creations)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Embossing Powder: Queen's Gold (Ranger)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Specialty Paper: Gold (purchased at Michaels)
Patterned Paper: Specialty Gold/Red Roses (Hot Off The Press)
Copic Sketch Markers: RV09, Y32, 0, W0, W2
Dies: Nesting Card Templates (Lifestyle Crafts)
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal) 

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the color combo. All the gold is so elegant.

I Card Everyone said...

I love our Sketch turned on it's heel! and that gorgeous gold paper from Michael's - a fave for sure...
Just a wonderful card, Lisa! I'm okay with even more butterflies! xx
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Lisa the gold is so beautiful! LOVE this card!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, the gold is so beautiful on this card. The paper is stunning and I love how you incorporated the color on the butterfly.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely Lisa! I like the fancy gold and rose panel. Wonderful card!