Monday, May 23, 2016

Owl Always Be Your Friend



Hello, crafty friends! I'm up on the DeNami Design Blog today sharing a card using one of my all-time favorite DeNami Design owl images, the G147 Owl Trio. Aren’t they the cutest?!?!


I die-cut a bubble box tag twice (once from white cardstock and once from patterned paper). I stamped the G147 Owl Trio onto the white tag, added color with markers and then stamped the sentiment underneath. I cut the top ¾” and the bottom ¾” from the patterned paper tag and adhered them to the top and bottom of the stamped tag. I then die-cut a slightly larger bubble box tag from patterned paper and layered it together with my stamped tag. To finish, I attached this to a blank A2 white card base and rounded the corners.

Here’s a closer look:


I kept this card nice and flat to make it super simple to drop in the mail.

Hope you like my card for today! Thanks for visiting!

---------------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Markers: Copic Sketch E31, E33, Y38
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Let's Polka In The Meadow 6x6 Inch Petite Paper Pack (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Bubble Box Fri-Dies (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success), Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
Adhesive: Adhesive Tape Runner (Tombow), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal) 

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Awesome use of the bold patterned paper!

Lisa said...

Darling card Lisa!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cute!

Jen W. said...

They really are cute little guys and I always love a good puny sentiment. Love how you layered the tags too!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a cute card. I have that stamp and used it for Halloween. I like how you made the tag and used pp to mount it on.