Monday, April 4, 2016

Daisy Bouquet


Happy Monday! I'm up on the DeNami Design Blog today! This week our design team projects are all about Spring.

I’ve seen several dies and stamp sets on the market for creating floral wraps for bouquets of flowers. In fact, I have one of these combos on my wish list,  but for now I decided to take a shot at making my own using supplies I already have. Here’s how it turned out:


What do you think???

Here’s what I did. I cut a piece of patterned paper to 4” x 4” and then die-cut two adjacent sides with a stitched scallop border. I scored from the fourth scallop, down to the point on each side as shown.


To finish I used a bone folder to fold the flaps over, snipped the pointy end to make it less pointy, and tied on some twine. Ta-da! Now I have a floral wrap to fill with whatever bouquet of flowers I want.


For this project I chose to create a bouquet of daisies. The J77 Large Daisy Blossom is super simple to fussy cut. I stamped and cut out three, grouped them together in my floral wrap and added some enamel dots to the center of each. I also created a little sentiment tag for the bouquet using the NEW CL-D187 Celebrating You stamp. Here’s a closer look:


I added my wrapped bouquet of daisies to a card front, but you could easily add it to a tag or gift box as well.

I’m planning to give this card to my sweet neighbor friend for her birthday this week. I hope she likes it!!!

Thanks for visiting!

--------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: TK-VF082 Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko), Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Marker: Copic Sketch
Cardstock: PC21 White (DeNami Design), White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Let's Polka In The Meadow 6x6 Inch Petite Paper Pack (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: PPPD04 Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 1 Dies (available at DeNami Design), Tag Me (Reverse Confetti)
Twine: Rustic Jute Button Twine (Papertrey Ink)
Embellishments: Bumblebee Glitter Sprinkles (Doodlebug Design)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)
Tool: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)
 

3 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

This is so cute, I'm sure she will love it. That was so clever to make your own wrap and it came out perfect. I love the scalloped edge.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, wow - another CAS beauty!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this, Lisa!!