Friday, June 26, 2015

Top Dog Dies Guest Designer

Hello there! I am absolutely thrilled to be here today to share several projects I created as a guest designer for Top Dog Dies! My projects feature the newly released Fish, Water, Flamingo, and Underwater Life Die Sets, and let me tell you...these dies are super cute and TONS of FUN to create with! So, let's get started.

My first card features the Water Die Set and the Fish Die Set.


The Water Die Set includes a variety of waves and a sandy border. The smaller wave dies work perfectly for the inlaid die technique. And I love how adding the lighter shade of blue creates depth within the design. The Fish Die Set includes a bunch of adorable little fish with super cute details. You can leave the fish the way they are, cut the pieces in multiple colors, add google eyes, add glitter...the possibilities are endless. Here's a closer look at my fish:


My second card features the new Flamingo Die Set. LOVE IT!!! As soon as I saw the flamingo and the coordinating "accessories" to dress her up, I knew exactly what I wanted to create.


Check out those sunglasses! So glamorous, right?!?! And I couldn't resist giving her polka dotted wings.


So, all of these summer-themed goodies really got me to thinking about vacation, which got me to thinking about luggage, which ultimately inspired my third project: a set of luggage tags.


To make the tags, I cut two 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" panels from white cardstock and decorated them using the new die sets. Here's the first one:


Isn't that crab totally cute?!?! And check out the details of the die-cut:


Here's the second tag using that fabulous flamingo:


For the back of the tag, I simply used my computer to type up and print my information (made-up info in this case) onto cardstock. Then, I cut it out and adhered it to the back of the decorated tag. I took some cording from an old luggage tag and threaded it through to finish it off.


Wouldn't it be fun to make a bunch of these for your family's luggage for your next vacation?!?! If you do...be sure to laminate them to protect them from damage during travel. If you don't have a laminating machine at home, most office supply stores will laminate items like this for a reasonable price.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I hope you've enjoyed my creations!

And a BIG THANK YOU to Top Dog Dies for giving me this amazing opportunity! I had so much fun working with your new products!

Supplies:

"Get Well Fishes" Card:
Dies: Water Die Set, Fish Die Set, Underwater Life Die Set (Top Dog Dies)
Cardstock: White, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Fine Linen, Orange Zest, Soft Stone, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Harold's ABCs (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink Of Stella (Zig)
Google Eyes: purchased at Michaels
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Tombow) Matte Multi-Medium (Claudine Hellmuth), 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives)

"Just The Way You Are" Card:
Dies: Flamingo Die Set (Top Dog Dies)
Cardstock: White, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, True Black (Papertrey Ink); Leaf Green (DeNami Design)
Patterned Paper: The Everyday Collection 6x6 Inch Paper Pad (Avery Elle)
Specialty Paper: Gold Cardstock (purchased at Michaels)
Punch: Grass Border (Fiskars)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Polka Dots (Provo Craft)
Stamps: Purrfect Pair (Mama Elephant)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Twine: Blossom (The Twinery)
Adhesive: Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Tombow), Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

Crab Luggage Tag:
Dies: Water Die Set, Underwater Life Die Set (Top Dog Dies)
Cardstock: White, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink)
Stamp: Under The Sea Stamp Set (DeNami Design)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink Of Stella (Zig)
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Hole Punch
Adhesive: Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Tombow), Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner (Tombow)

Flamingo Luggage Tag:
Dies: Flamingo Die Set (Top Dog Dies)
Cardstock: White, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: The Everyday Collection 6x6 Inch Paper Pad (Avery Elle)
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink Of Stella (Zig)
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Hole Punch
Adhesive: Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Mono Multi Liquid Glue (Tombow), Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner (Tombow)

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww how sweet are these.. love all the beach critters.. fun dies..

Brandi said...

Flamingos, crabs and puffy fish!!! LOVE!!!

claudia shadler said...

Awesome projects Lisa - really feeling the summer themes cards and projects - the tags are a really neat idea! Hope you are doing well!
CS

Diane Jaquay said...

You did a great job on all of these, Lisa!