Monday, November 10, 2014

Holiday Cheer

I am having SO MUCH FUN getting inky with the newest release from DeNami Design! (You can check out the entire new release HERE.)

Today I'm sharing a card I made for CAS on Sunday Challenge #46: Ribbon or Twine.





It's snowing here in the mountains, so I was inspired to create something wintery. Here's my card, featuring the brand new I71 Penguins In Igloo stamp:



I LOVE these little penguins!!! SO SUPER DUPER CUTE! And so trendy right now.

I created a 4.25" x 5.5" white card base, masked off a half inch border on each side and then stamped the Three Line Border repeatedly in red to make my stripes. They remind me of candy canes. I then cut a 3 3/8" x 5 1/2" panel from white cardstock. I stamped the image and sentiment and added color with markers. Then, I tied on some twine and adhered the panel to my card base with foam tabs. To finish, I added some dots of white enamel accents to look like falling snow.

Thanks for stopping by!

--------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Satin Red Versafine and Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko), Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Markers: Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Twine: Grey (Pretty Pink Posh)
Enamel Accents: White (Ranger)
Adhesive: 3D Foam Tabs (Tombow)
 

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just adorable!! I love the stripes down the sides. I just finished a card with this CUTE stamp this morning!!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh. This is so sweet and cute. I love him peeking out of the igloo. The peppermint stripe paper is perfect for this card and so yummy.

Kristie Goulet said...

So cute! Love that image!