Thursday, May 1, 2014

Let's Play

Today I'm sharing a card I made using this sketch from the most recent Retro Sketches Challenge:


Here's my creation:


I'll be delivering this card (and a little giftie) to our neighbor friend, David, who recently adopted a puppy! So exciting!


Hope you like my card for today, and I hope May is off to a good start for you!

Here in the mountains we're gearing up for wildfire season. Our county won a grant that provides funding for fire mitigation work. As part of the grant we were able to have the forest service visit our property and mark the pine trees that should be taken out to reduce our risk of fire. I think we ended up with about 30 marked trees. So...we've been cutting down trees, dragging and piling slash, raking pine needles, etc. It's quite the workout, and it's keeping us very busy!

------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Chubby Chums (Paper Smooches); F179 Rectangle Word Bubble (DeNami Design)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fine Linen, White, Rustic White, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink); Brown Kraft (DeNami Design)
Patterned Paper: Tail Waggers and Cat Naps - Quadrants (Bella Boulevard)
Fibers: Jute Rope (Canvas Corp)
Adhesive: Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura); Adhesive Tape Runner and Foam Tabs (Tombow)

 

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

totally cute and love that paper you used..

Greta said...

How cute, Lisa!

Darnell said...

That's a LOT of trees to dispose of Lisa! You all must be exhausted, but it's necessary. I'm so glad you had time to make this adorable doggie card for David's new puppy! The paw prints and bones are so cute!! Hugs, Darnell

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the sketch with this adorable card and I love those fun papers!