Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Inspired By...



Hey there! It's time for another "Inspired By" feature with DeNami Design! This time around the DeNami DT girls have created projects inspired by the incredibly talented Kim Singdahlsen!! Kim is a fellow Colorado girl, and I was lucky enough to meet up with her for some inky time awhile back. She is not only an amazing designer, but she's also a super sweet person!!!

I love the adorable card Kim created using DeNami Design's brand new Woodland Friends stamp! Click HERE to see her original post. I was inspired by the critters and by Kim's addition of the balloons to the scene. Here's my take:


I stamped the new CL-D166 Little Beaver image and the new CL-E175 Balloon Trio image and then masked them. Then I stamped the balloon trio a second time and masked that as well. Finally I stamped the balloon trio a third time. This created a big bunch of balloons---SO BIG in fact that they are carrying this little critter up, up and away...into the clouds. HA!

I colored in the images with markers and then used a Quickie Glue Pen to add some glitter to the balloons for a touch a sparkle!

So...what do you think??? I hope you like my creation for today and feel inspired to get crafty!

Would YOU like to be highlighted in an upcoming "Inspired By" feature? Click HERE for all of the details! We'd LOVE to see your creations using DeNami Design products!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko), Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Kate and Co - Cambridge Court 6x6 Designer Paper Pad (My Mind's Eye)
Dies: Blue Skies (Lawn Fawn)
Baker's Twine: TW006 Autumn Twine 3-pk (DeNami Design)
Glitter: Extra Fine Sparklets Glitter (DeNami Design)
Adhesive: Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Adhesive Tape Runner (Tombow), Foam Tabs
Other: Stamping Mask Paper (Inkadinkado)
Tool: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)  

9 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Lots of masking to make this super duper adorable and precious card! Love it girl!

Lisa Elton said...

Up up and away!!! This is ADORABLE Lisa, cute design!

Annette Allen said...

so totally CUTE..

Deb said...

Lisa, I love how your little beaver looks like he is floating away! Fabulous card!

Dana said...

I love love love that polka dot BG Lisa, especially with the beaver flying with her balloons! Such a cute interpretation of Kim's card:)

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this is simply ADORABLE, Lisa!!

Greta said...

Oh too cute, Lisa!

Unknown said...

LOVE all of the balloons. Cute little beaver floating in your popped up clouds, LOVE!

Emily Keaton said...

This is one super duper fun card, Lisa ! I love how Little Beaver is floating off through the clouds :)