Saturday, December 7, 2013

Winter Wishes

Hi there! Popping in today to share a card I made for the Lawn Fawn CHA 2014 Catalog Challenge! I have been in LOVE with this ADORABLE fox since the moment I saw him on the Lawn Fawn blog, so I knew he had to play a part in my entry. It's also been bitterly cold here in Colorado----FOUR degrees yesterday during the day----and MINUS TEN last night---brrrrr----so, I was inspired to give my card a crisp, wintery feel as well. Here's my creation:


I stamped the trees (some of my FAVES) from Let It Snow in Eucalyptus ink (Amuse Studio). I stamped-off some of the trees on a scrap piece of paper before stamping them onto my card in order to create a slightly lighter shade of the same color. I embossed the snowflakes (also from Let It Snow) in silver. The snowy hill was stamped in Eucalyptus onto a vellum strip and then clear-embossed and fussy cut. I paper pieced the fox with kraft and soft stone cardstock. The sentiment was super simple to create with Lawn Fawn's Smitty's ABCs set. The way Lawn Fawn designs their letter stamps makes them REALLY easy to line up. And I embossed the sentiment in silver as well to coordinate with the embossed snowflakes above. A little hemp cord bow finishes things off.

Well...I hope you like my creation!!! The contest doesn't end until Monday, so there's still time to enter! Why not give it a go?!?!

Hope you're having a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

-------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Into the Woods, Let It Snow, Smitty's ABCs (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Eucalyptus (Amuse Studio), Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Rustic White, Kraft, Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Vellum: (Papertrey Ink)
Embossing Powder: Sterling Silver (Stampendous!)
Fibers: Natural Hemp Cord (Hemptique) 

3 comments:

Kim S said...

SO sweet! I love that little guy - and he's just perfect sitting in your simple winter scene.

Unknown said...

gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

ADORABLE!!!THis little fox is a sweet little fella. He steals my heart every time I see him!!