Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pin-spired With DeNami Design

Hello there! Welcome to DeNami Design's first Pin-spired post for June 2013! Here's the inspiration photo (which I LOVE!!!):


The skull and crossbones reminded me of pirates. I was also inspired by the colors and nautical elements in the photo. Here are my creations:




I purchased the red and white striped straws a few months ago and was so excited to put them to use! These were super simple to create and would be easy to mass-produce for a birthday party, shower, etc. I placed the straws in mini-doughnuts (confession...I was totally craving doughnuts and this seemed like the perfect excuse to buy some....HA!), but you could also use them to decorate cupcakes, brownies, or any variety of treats!

Well, that's it for me for today! Be sure to stop by the DeNami Design Blog to see the FABULOUS projects my fellow DT gals created using this same "Pin-spired" photo!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

--------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: "Ahoy" from Nautical Stamp Set PF40 and Pirate Chickie C84 (DeNami Design)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento and Nautical Blue (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: White, Navy, Red (DeNami Design); Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Limitless Layers 1.75" Circle Collection (Papertrey Ink) and Small Standard Circles (Spellbinders)
Straws: Cherry (Amuse Studio)
Spica Glitter Pens: Sand and Clear (Too Marker Products Inc)
 

5 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Way to stinkin' cute and now you are making me crave doughnuts! What a fun approach to the pinspired photo! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

YUM, doughnuts! Yep, I'm with Tammy --- now I need a doughnut! They make the perfect base for your cute little pirate themed decorations. Love those striped straws too!

Lisa Elton said...

Okay miss Lisa looks like you are going to have the whole DeNami team hungry for donuts!!! And they look like they're cinnamon too, now I'm really in trouble! These are perfect, love the colors, love the straws.

cghundley said...

Too cute! The
pirate chick is
wonderful.
Carla from Utah

Deb said...

Lisa, your little pirate chickie is simply perfect! And I love the sentiment!