Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy OWLidays!


Hello there! It's time to kick off a brand new challenge at DeNami Design!!! This time around the theme is Christmas!!! PERFECT timing, right?!?! DeNami Design has SOOOO many TOTALLY ADORABLE Christmas stamps, but one of my favorites is this Happy OWLidays scene!!!


Aren't they SOOO stinkin' ca-ute?!?! I added some glitter to their hats and to the ornaments on the tree. You can see it a little better in the close-up photo below.

I also handstamped the snow in the background, which I LOVE (I call it Charlie Brown snow...HA!)!


My SIL works at the National Aviary and she's really dedicated to her job. She and my brother have had a number of rescued birds of prey at their house until they are allowed to mix with the other birds at the aviary. So, I thought this would be an ideal card to send to them. However...the pink and white polka dotty ribbon is a little girly for my brother! HA! So, I made a second version of the card for them (same images, just toned down the girliness a bit *wink*).


Are you ready to play along? I hope so!!! I can't wait to see what you create!

Be sure to check out the DeNami Design Blog for all of the challenge details, and to see LOTS of inspiration from my fellow DT gals and our Guest Designer!!

Thanks for stopping by!

-------------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko), Frost White Color Box (Clearsnap)
Copic Sketch Markers
Clear AtYou Spica Glitter Pen
Cardstock: White, Leaf Green, Magenta, Brown Kraft, Chocolate Brown (DeNami Design)
Patterned Paper: Peppermint Stripes and Gingerbread Stripes (DeNami Design)
Punches: Round Binding Edge Edger Punch (EK Success), Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars), Small Snowflakes (Tonic Studios), Artic Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart)
Dies: Medium Scallop Border Die (Papertrey Ink)
Ribbon: Sheer Raspberry Ribbon (DeNami Design)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Adhesive Tape Runner: (Therm-o-web)
Pop Dots: (All Night Media)





4 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Both versions are super fun! What a super cute image :)

Unknown said...

Super cute cards. You colored those owls so perfectly! They look so festive and ready for the holidays... are you?

Andrea M said...

ADORABLE Lisa! Love the patterned paper and the stamped background! I just love that image too!

Lisa Elton said...

Your Christmas card is a hoot Lisa (I couldn't resist!)!!! Love the bright festive colors :)