Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Warm Wishes

Hey there! Just popping in for a quick post to share a card I created for the most recent CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! I always LOVE Laura's sketches!!! Check this one out:


And here's my take on it:


I couldn't resist paper piecing the sweet little cup of cocoa from "Hot Concoctions" by Paper Smooches! And I found that adorable flower button in my bag of Harvest Boutique Buttons from DeNami Design! How lucky was that?!?! YAY!

The inside of the card says "Warm Wishes." CUTE! I'm going to send this to one of my Pittsburgh friends for her birthday! Hope she likes it!

***THANK YOU to all of you for your congratulatory comments and e-mails about my card being chosen as one of Paper Crafts Magazine's WCMD winners!!! You are SOOOO super sweet! I still can't believe the news! I keep going back and checking the Paper Crafts blog post to make sure it's for real! HA!

I am a bit behind in blogland because my computer died on Saturday morning. Lovely...right?!?! So, I'm in limbo right now working from a borrowed computer. I promise to get back into the swing of things and catch up with you all as soon as possible!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a FABULOUS day!

------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Hot Concoctions (Paper Smooches)
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Brown Kraft (DeNami Design), Fudge Cover (The Paper Company), Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Embossed Dots (Bazzill Basics)
Patterned Paper: Apple Cheddar Soup: Apple Cider, Apple Cheddar Soup: Milk (Jillibean Soup)
Twine: (Jillibean Soup)
Buttons: Espresso Boutique Buttons and Harvest Boutique Buttons (DeNami Design)
Copic Sketch Marker Y21
White Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen
Clear "At You" Spica Pen
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Adhesive Tape Runner and Zots: (Therm-o-web)
Pop Dots: (All Night Media)

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Yay! I was wondering when you'd recognize that you are a rockstar with your WCMD win! So happy for you! Congratulations! ANd this card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge is awesome too. Love the row of buttons, what a great take on the sketch.

Glenda J said...

Congrats again! Fabulous card for the sketch. Terrific colours and patterns.
By the way, you won over at October Afternoon too.... ;)

Theresa said...

Lisa, this is adorable. love the cup and steam. I'm sorry I missed the excellent news - Congrats!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card Lisa!! Congratulations on your WCMD win!! :)

jen said...

This is a fab card- and a HUGE congrats on your WCMD win! (yes, I'm a bit behind!)
woohoo!!!

~amy~ said...

Super ginormous Congrats on the fab news!

Your card is simply perfect!

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats again! Always well deserved! I love this fab card! Again, beautiful beautiful paper piecing!

Brandi said...

Love those buttons and congrats again girl on your big win!

Dana said...

Many congratulations and well deserved wishes Lisa! You rock.
And this sweet card is top notch too. I like how the white faux stitching really makes it pop. ANd that wood grain strip is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

F.T said...

Dear Lisa, Congrats for being the winner. Very pretty creation.

Membership card printing
clear business cards

Virginia L. said...

Hi Lisa,this is a DARLING card! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

You are a rockstar Lisa and this card is proof, I love this sweet card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Laurie said...

I love love this card Lisa! That papers you used go great together! A huge congrats to you my friend!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laurie said...

I love love this card Lisa! That papers you used go great together! A huge congrats to you my friend!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tanya said...

Lisa, I just love your card! So pretty!

Andrea M said...

OMG Lisa!!! I had no idea!!! I've been away for a while - HUGE CONGRATS girlfriend!!! I am so happy for you!!!! What an honor to be chosen for the 2011 WCMD contest! WOO HOO!!!!
This card is so fabulous! Love your take on the sketch!