Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trendy Bicycle

Hi there! Practicing Creativity Designs is hosting a super fun sketch challenge with a FABULOUS prize package (THREE FREE STAMP SETS!!! WOW!)! I absolutely LOVE their stamps, so I just HAD to play along!!!

Here's the sketch:


And here's my creation:


I actually used three different Practicing Creativity Designs stamp sets to make this card: The Whole Cycle, For the Love of Dots, and Chatterbox (for the sentiment inside the card---see photo below).


I used patterned paper from GCD's Homespun Chic Collection (Melody Ross) for the striped background panel and to paper piece parts of the bicycle!! I'm going to give this card to my friend, Rosemarie---her birthday is tomorrow! She's such a fun and funky person, and I could TOTALLY see her owning a bicycle that looks just like this!! Too cute! Here's a closer look:


So...what do you think?

There's still time to play along!! The challenge ends tomorrow! Click HERE for all of the details!

AND...Practicing Creativity Designs just released an ADORABLE baby stamp set too with darling images and sweet sentiments!!! Check it out HERE!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

----------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: The Whole Cycle, For the Love of Dots, and Chatterbox (Practicing Creativity Designs)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Onyx Black VersaFine, Smokey Gray VersaFine, Blazing Red StazOn, Fresh Green VersaColor (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: Kraft, Stampers' Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Homespun Chic Collection (GCD Studios/Melody Ross), Bitty Box Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ribbon: Green (scraps from my ribbon stash), Lace (WFR Ribbon Company)
Button: Boutique Buttons (DeNami Design)
Floss: White (Janlynn)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Double-Sided Tape: (X-Press It)
Pop Dots: (All Night Media)


 

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

Very trendy indeed! Love the pink and dots.

Diane Jaquay said...

How CUTE! Love how you paper pieced the bicycle!!

Laura Davis said...

This is so sweet, and I recognize those yummy GCD papers. :)
Hugs
Laura

Paulina said...

Oh my, this is just too cute! You are a paper piecing QUEEN, Lisa! I wish there were cute bikes like this in real life! LOL

Jenny said...

I think it is just darling! I love those papers!

Kristy Smith said...

Lisa, this card is FABULOUS!!!! I will never EVER understand how you can paper piece like that... it's amazing and I love it!

Also, thanks for all the kind comments you've had on my blog lately! =) I really appreciate all of your support, and admire your work! =D

Ayana Posadas said...

I love how you rotated the sketch and WOW, your paper piecing skills are fantastic, Lisa. What a really great card.
I hope you have a fun weekend! :)

FLEUR de Lo said...

Okay, so my card uses the same bicycle but yours BLOWS MINE OUT OF THE WATER!!! I absolutely love it!!! Your paper piecing totally rocks!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great job on the paper piercing, I've done it once with that fab Whole Cycle bicycle and while I loved it, I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge again.

Andrea M said...

This is fantastic Lisa!!! This is the sweetest paper pieced bike ever!!! Gorgeous gorgeous card GF!!!

Laurie said...

Your paper piercing is amazing! WOW! I love the little striped basket! Great take on this sketch!

Courtney Baker said...

Love this Lisa! Awesome paper piecing!