Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Easter Fun

Hi there! It's Product Spotlight day at the DeNami Design Blog! Today we're featuring an ADORABLE image for the upcoming Easter holiday, Chickie Easter Basket F174.

I LOVE these chickies with the bunny ears---soooo cute! With Easter right around the corner, I thought it would be FUN to create some Easter egg/treat holders. Here's what I came up with:


I chose three brightly colored plastic eggs that I had leftover from last Easter, measured around the eggs and cut strips of white cardstock that were one inch longer than my measurements. Then I measured in a half inch from each end of each strip and made a light mark with a pencil. At the one end's pencil mark I cut a slit from the top down to the middle. At the other end's pencil mark I cut a slit from the bottom up to the middle. The slits then interlock to form a loop for the egg to sit in.


I stamped the Chickie Easter Basket F174 image three times onto white cardstock, colored them with Copic Sketch Markers, and cut them out. Then, I used my Quickie Glue Pen to add some Citrone Glitter (DeNami Design) to the chickies.


For two of the eggs, I used images from the Easter Stamp Set PF15 to decorate the strips that wrap around each egg. For the pink egg (above) I embossed the strip with polka dots and attached a strip of lime ribbon (DeNami Design) for a simple design. Here are some closeups:






I hope you like my creation for today! Just think of all of the different ways you could decorate these little holders---so many possibilities!

Be sure to visit the DeNami Design Blog to see the inspiring creations made by my fellow DT gals!

Note: I didn't give measurements in my post because I used plastic eggs which come in a number of sizes and may differ from the size of real eggs. However, if you're interested in knowing my exact measurements or have any questions about how to make these holders, feel free to e-mail me at petrellas@hotmail.com. I would be happy to share more details with you!

Thanks for stopping by today!

--------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: White (scraps from my scrap box)
Glitter: Citrone Glitter SS16 (DeNami Design)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Ribbon: Lime 3/8" Grosgrain (DeNami Design)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Polka Dots (Provo Craft)
Double-Sided Tape: (X-Press It)
Pop Dots: (All Night Media)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable little egg holders, love this idea Lisa!

Brandi said...

These are so adorable!

Michele Gross said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful idea!! How fun would these be on an Easter breakfast table?? FAB idea!!

Unknown said...

Super CUTE egg holders! Absolutely adorable!!!

Andrea M said...

Seriously awesome Lisa!! Love the decorated plastic eggs!!! How perfect :) And I LOVE the sparkly little chickies! How fabulous are they?!

Diane Jaquay said...

Lisa, these are FUN and CUTE, love em!!!

Laurie said...

Gonna have to they this one! So cute! My dd will LOVE this!

OH and thanks for the post on the Artsy store! I will be in FC in June! Going to have to do some shopping in Loveland for sure!

~Tammy~ said...

This made me giddy with delight! :-) This is fabulous!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my these are adorable!! I might just join you ladies on Tuesday:)
Hugs
Laura

Sue Lelli said...

Oh Lisa, I just LOVE this idea! Your coloring is FAB and the citron glitter just add the right sparkle! Super idea!

Angi Barrs said...

Awww so adorable and perfect for Easter. :)

Gopi said...

soo stinkin' cute! who would have known a egg could look so cute! tfs :)

I'm def a follower of your page...please stop by mine when you can...thanks :)

http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/CreateMePink

Ayana Posadas said...

Lisa, these are SO cute! What a creative way to decorate Easter eggs. I love how the holders also keeps them from falling over to the side. This would be great for decorating a table set-up. Such a fun idea!