Monday, November 22, 2010

Mini Sports Blog Hop

Hey there! Today is a super fun day because I'm participating in a mini blog hop with my sweet blog friends Brandi, Karen, Lynnette, and Kelly Marie!!! We are all HUGE sports fans and decided it would be fun to create a card/project inspired by our favorite sports teams! 

As most of you already know I grew up in Pittsburgh and as a result I absolutely LOVE the Pittsburgh Steelers!!! When the Steelers are playing, we break out our black and gold Terrible Towels and make a lot of noise (our poor cat hides under the bed)! Here's the Steelers' logo (from Steelers.com):

  
And here's the card I made using the logo/team colors as inspiration:


I used some of the sets I won from the Schlosser Designs blog hop. YAY! I stamped my own background using one of the images from "Build a Border" (Schlosser Designs)---isn't it pretty much a perfect match to the designs on the Steelers logo? Love it!


They say "Yinzers" (AKA: people from Pittsburgh) bleed black and gold, and it's true! I don't know if there's a city more dedicated to their football team. And no matter where in the world we live now or in the future, we will always be Steeler fans!

Your next stop is Lynnette's fabulous blog, Netter's Notables!!! Hope you enjoy the hop!!! 

--------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: "Outside the Box" (Schlosser Designs), "Build A Border" (Schlosser Designs)
Ink: "Tuxedo Black Memento" (Tsukineko), "Onyx Black Versafine" (Tsukineko), "Canary Color Box" (Clearsnap)
Cardstock: "Black" (The Paper Company), "Stampers' Choice White" (Papertrey Ink)
Copic Sketch Marker Y15
Ribbon: (American Crafts)
Spellbinders Labels One
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Double Sided Tape (X-Press It)
Pop Dots (All Night Media)

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Lisa,
This is perfect. I love the building block set you used for the background! So fun!
Brandi

Karen B. said...

Absolutely spectacular! I'm so very happy that you got some Schlosser stamps and look at them used in such an awesome way! Oohh, perfect Lisa!

Michele Gross said...

Lisa this turned out so great! That Schlosser stamp is perfect!! What a fun blog hop concept!!

LuAnn said...

Yes!! someone with taste in football teams!!! LOL Go Steelers! very cute card BTW!!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is such a great card! That background is too cool and perfect for the Steelers! I love it!

Ayana Posadas said...

You are SO clever!
I loveee your Steelers card, Lisa! :)

Lynnette said...

Great take on the challenge! Your background is perfect.

Courtney Baker said...

So cute! I love how fun this hop is!