Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thanks For Everything


Hello there! This is a card I created using the ultra yummy color combo from the latest Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge and an amazing sketch from Taylored Expressions!

Here's the color combo:


And here's the sketch:




I created the background by repeatedly stamping the large and small violets from "Year of Flowers: Violets" (Papertrey Ink). Then I stamped the large violet on a scrap piece of cardstock, cut out its center, and attached it to the background with three french knots.

I used my Scor-Pal to score a border around the sentiment to give it a more finished look.


So...what do you think?

I also wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your super sweet comments on the card I made for DeNami Design's Autumn Blog Hop! I truly appreciate it and promise to visit your blogs soon!

Thanks for stopping by today!

---------------------------- 
Supplies:
Stamped Images & Sentiment: "Year of Flowers: Violet" (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: "Timber Brown StazOn" (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: "Stampers' Choice White" (Papertrey Ink), "Buttercup Cover" (The Paper Company), "Chocolate Truffle" (The Paper Company)
Brown Floss: (JanLynn)
Ribbon: "Chocolate" (American Crafts)
Scallop-Edge Scissors
Fiskars Shape Boss Creative Sampler Template (to emboss dots in background)
Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)
Pop Dots (All Night Media)
Scor-Pal Scoring Tool

Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Very pretty Lisa! I love the black ribbon!! The stamped background is amazing!

Karen B. said...

This is truly beautiful, Lisa!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your card! That is one of my FAV stamp sets. LOVE how you attached that second smaller violet with the french knots! How FABULOUS!

~Tammy~ said...

Lisa, your DeNami card was awesome!!! This is Fabulous! I love how you scored the border and tucked the sentiment in the flower! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at OTWC and Good luck! :-)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the ribbon and your stamping...and the sentiment...and how you cut and tucked it... I love it all!

Tigriswillreign said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!! I love the colors and that big bow! I'm going to have to whip out this stamp set yet again!

Valentina Fussell said...

This is so pretty and elegant! I love the popped up portion! Hugs from Denmark!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is soooooo pretty Miss Lisa!!!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!!!