Although I don't have a card to share, I do have my first ever "RAMBLINGS" post! I've been wanting to do a post like this for a while now especially since I have enjoyed reading similar posts written by Paulina, Michele, Ginny, Ayana, Karen, etc. So, here goes:
- I love to cook (and EAT) all different kinds of foods: Italian, Indian, Chinese, German, Irish, Mexican, etc. It's like an art form to me.
- I often stay up really late at night reading! Some of my favorites are Alexander McCall Smith's series and James Patterson.
- I once hula hooped for over 3 hours to try to win a trip to Hawaii!! This was when I was in my mid-twenties, living in Pittsburgh! It was a contest called Hulapalooza sponsored by a local radio station!! Can you imagine? Hula-hooping for over 3 hours and then not even winning the contest? HA! I made it down to the final four, then I dropped my hoop! Bummer! They ended up putting the final 3's names in a hat and drawing a winner!
- I'm a HUGE fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers!! (kind of a given since I grew up in the Burgh!)
- I have two college degrees and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!
- My favorite quote these days is "What if you just KNEW everything was working out perfectly?" It's on a magnet on my fridge. Sometimes life takes unexpected twists and turns. We encounter hurdles and challenges. We struggle, we succeed, we adjust, we fail. And, we don't always know why things are working out a certain way. This quote helps to remind me that everything happens for a reason. And even though we may not understand that "reason" right now, we must trust that it exists and is part of a bigger plan.
Have a GREAT week! Let me know if you're going to be at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Colorado Springs on Saturday, August 21st!!! I'm planning to be there all day and would LOVE to meet up with you!