Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Embellish Hearts Color Challenge

Happy "Over the Hump" Day!!! This morning I made this card for the most recent challenge over at Embellish Magazine's blog! Click HERE to see all of the details and to find out how you can participate! The challenge was to use hearts and the colors: red, black, and pink to create a card or other paper crafting design. What a fantastic way to get that Valentine's Day mojo flowing!!! In fact, if you're EVER seeking creative inspiration I highly recommend visiting Embellish Magazine's blog!! It's truly FABULOUS!



When I think of Valentine's Day, I think of glitter! Remember all of those wonderful valentines we made in school as youngsters? I was always covered in glitter from head to toe! Such fun! Well, I remembered I had some of this self-adhesive glitter lace in my stash and built my card around that! I also created the polka dot paper myself by stamping "Dual Dots" by Endless Creations in black ink on white cardstock. I hope you like it!

Have a GREAT day!

Supplies:

Stamps - "Dual Dots" (Endless Creations), "Retro Alphabet Set" (Stampendous!); Ink - "Onyx Black VersaFine" (Tsukineko); Cardstock - White and Black (The Paper Company), "Ruby Slipper" (Bazzill Basics); Scalloped Scallop Punch (EK Success); Glitter Lace - "Heart Attack" (We R Memory Keepers); Ribbon - (Michaels); Adhesive Tape Runner - (Therm-o-web); Glue Dots

Finished Card Size: 5" x 4"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The glitter lace looks great on your card! Thanks for playing along with us!

Maile Belles said...

The glittery hearts are gorgeous, beautiful card!!! So glad you could join us over at Embellish!