Thursday, November 12, 2009

SFYTT - November 7, 2009

Here's the card I made for this week's "Sketch For You To Try." You can see the original sketch HERE.
I used a set of alphabet stamps ("Holiday Clear Stamps" from Walmart...$1) to spell out the sentiment, "Happy Holidays." And, I just love this "Carrying Tree Riley" stamp from Hanna Stamps!! Isn't he adorable?!? I also used a Stardust clear glitter pen (Sakura) to add a bit of twinkle to the snowflakes. Here's a close-up:

The tan panel is actually art felt that I had left over from a project I did with my elementary students. I stitched it with red floss. I am no seamstress, that's for sure, but it looks okay, right?
I wanted to add a comfy, cozy feel to the card. Here's a close-up:


Hope you like my creation! I still have yet to figure out my design for my holiday cards---YIKES!! Better get busy!

Supplies:

Stamped Image: "Carrying Tree Riley" (Hanna Stamps); Sentiment: "Holiday Clear Stamps" (Walmart); Ink: "Onyx Black VersaFine" (Tsukineko), "Timber Brown" (StazOn); Copic Sketch Markers; Cardstock: White (Archivers), "Java" and "Ruby Slipper" (Bazzill Basics); Patterned Paper: "Santa Plaid" (Hot Off The Press); Art Felt: "Camel" (CPE); Red Floss (Janlynn); 3" Scallop Punch (EK Success); Brads (I bought these in bulk at a convention years ago); Pop Dots (All Night Media); "Clear Star" Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura); Adhesive (Tombow); Hole Punch (McGill)

Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

2 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

This is just WAY too cute!! Love that moose!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the cute moose and the texture of your card. TFS!