Saturday, January 11, 2020

Camo Happy Birthday

Today I'm playing along with two challenges: Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.




Here's my card:


This will be heading to our nephew who's in the Marine Corps and will be celebrating his birthday later this month. I found this piece of camouflage patterned paper when I was cleaning and organizing my studio recently---so perfect for this occasion :)

The "drop shadow" banner is die-cut from gold sparkle cardstock (tough to see that in the photo). I thought the touch of gold was appropriate---symbolic of the naval aviator wings he's pursuing.

I hope you like my creation for today! And hope my nephew likes it too!

Thanks for visiting!

-------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Happy Happy (Lawn Fawn), Splatter (DeNami Design)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Kraft (Ink To Paper)
Patterned Paper: (Found in my stash)
Specialty Cardstock: Gold Sparkle (MFT)
Dies: Happy Happy Happy (Lawn Fawn), Everyday Sentiment Banners (Lawn Fawn), Dots and Dashes (Paper Smooches)
Adhesive: Double-Sided Tape (Lawn Fawn) 

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Yep, this looks perfect for him! Terrific card Lisa. Hope your new year has gotten off to a good start!

Brenda in IN said...

I love this so appropriate card for your nephew. He will love it too. My hubby was a Marine and I wish I had been making cards back then so I could have made one like this for him. Adding the gold for the wings is so cool too.

Darnell said...

This is magnificent and manly and so wonderfully personalized for your nephew's birthday, Lisa! He will treasure it!! Hugs, Darnell CTD GD

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the masculine feel of this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Isn't it a wonder what one can find while organizing?? This is perfect, Lisa! and your Marine will love it, too!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Great masculine card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Kim S said...

Isn't it wonderful how this craft allows us to totally customize our cards?!! This is perfect for your nephew!

Tracey McNeely said...

What an awesome masculine birthday card!