Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy-cino



Happy Monday! I'm up on the DeNami Design Blog today, and this week our DT projects are all about layers. Using die-cuts is a fun and simple way to add layers to your cards. And foam tape is a great way to add a 3D effect to this layered look.

My card for today features the NEW CL-E207 Medium Happy-cino stamp, one of my favorites from the most recent release!!!


I die-cut the scalloped rectangle frames from white cardstock. I then cut a 3” x 4” panel from patterned paper and adhered it to the back of the smaller frame. I cut a 4” x 5” panel from patterned paper and adhered it to the back of the larger frame. I mounted the larger frame directly onto a blank kraft card base and then used 3D foam tabs to mount the smaller frame on top. I stamped the NEW CL-E207 Medium Happy-cino image onto a circle die-cut from white cardstock, added color with markers, added sparkle with a glitter pen, and adhered it to the top center of my card with 3D foam tabs. To finish, I die-cut a banner from white cardstock, stamped the sentiment in the center, folded the edges of the banner and adhered it to the card with a strip of foam tape.

Here’s a closer look:


And here’s a better look at the 3D layers:


I hope you like my project for today!

Thanks for visiting!!!

--------------------------------
Supplies:
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Markers: Copic Sketch E23, E25, YG11, YG13, RV11, RV13, BG10, C1
Glitter Pen: Clear Wink Of Stella (Zig)
Cardstock: White and Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Let's Polka In The Meadow 6x6 Inch Petite Paper Pack (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Scallop Frames (Pretty Pink Posh), Circle (Spellbinders), Basic Set (Mama Elephant)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives), Foam Tape (Scotch 3M)
Tool: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (EK Success)
 

1 comment:

Karen B. said...

What a super sweet card!