Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thanks

Popping in for a second time today to share another thank you note. This time around I used this fabulous CAS layout from CAS(E) This Sketch #68:





and this awesome color combo from The Card Concept #5:




Here's my creation:


I thought this color combo and sketch were perfect for creating a masculine card. And the zig-zag drizzles on the treats in the inspiration photo reminded me of the Sketched Shapes stamp set from Papertrey Ink. What do you think???

I'll be mailing this to my brother, Steve, for the (ultra sneaky) role he played in my birthday surprises!

Oh...and I have to tell you that I am IN LOVE with this Celery Pigment Ink from Avery Elle!!! I have been on the hunt for the perfect green ink, and I think I've finally found it! Hooray!

'Til next time...

---------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Sketched Shapes (Papertrey Ink), "thanks" (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Celery (Avery Elle), Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: Sketched Shapes (Papertrey Ink), Nesting Card Templates (Lifestyle Crafts)
Other: Stapler 

10 comments:

Greta said...

Thanks for sharing about the green ink--good to know. Your use of the sketch & colors for a masculine card is absolutely wonderful, Lisa! I have that PTI set on my wishlist--love the look here!

Cathy said...

Great CAS masculine card Lisa. I think the green ink is gorgeous too, Cathy x

Karen M said...

Love your gorgeous card and those colours look fab together:) xx

Annette Allen said...

great take on the sketch.. fabulous card..

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

That is a fab green ink colour, and really makes your card pop.
Great CAS design.
Caroline xxx

Joyce said...

Fabulous card. I love the way you used the sketched banners. And that green really does look fabulous.

Unknown said...

I agree, great masculine card. Love how you used this week's colors. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

Perfect! Such a great guy card and I love those sketchy banners!

Chrissy Larson said...

Absolutely perfect! I love the way you interpreted the sketch and it's perfectly CAS!