Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful For You

Back for a second time today to post another Thanksgiving card. (Dad...if you're reading this...keep this one a secret from mom. Thanks!)

I used two of my favorite challenges for inspiration for this card. First, the most recent CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, which is to use embossing.





And second, this fabulous layout from Retro Sketches Challenge #89:


I also used some of my favorite Thanksgiving-themed stamps from DeNami Design and a few new (to me) products that I picked up recently.

Here's my creation:


This was my first attempt at using the "angled layer on your card front" technique which is so trendy right now. The plaid design on the patterned paper made it easy to incorporate this look. The little gold dots are actually berries from DeNami's Elegant Holly set. I selectively inked them in VersaMark and then embossed them with Queen's Gold embossing powder, which I'm totally in love with thanks to the girls at Paper Source in Denver. The hemp cord is from Lawn Fawn and has a touch of gold sparkle threaded through it, which I think compliments the gold embossing nicely. And of course there's the little stitched rectangle, which I finally purchased after seeing my crafty friends use them so brilliantly. Thanks for enabling, girls (you know who you are!).

I hope you like my card for today! As you could probably tell from my little note at the beginning of my post...this one will be heading to my folks in Pittsburgh! Since we don't get to see them for Thanksgiving I like to send them something extra special to let them know we're thinking about them and are grateful to have them in our lives!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

--------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: D136 Wheat Stalks, E144 Thankful For You, berries from CL-CH004 Elegant Holly (DeNami Design)
Ink: Peanut Brittle and Espresso Truffle Memento (Tsukineko); VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Embossing Powder: Queen's Gold (Ranger)
Cardstock: Rustic White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Reflections-Fall 6x6 Paper Pad (Echo Park)
Dies: Doily Details Collection (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker Designs)
Fibers: Gold Sparkle Hemp Cord (Lawn Fawn) 

3 comments:

Alice said...

love your take on the sketch. wonderful card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Greta said...

One of my favorite cards--had to pin this one, Lisa! I'm about to break down & get the stitched die, too--plus now I want the gold sparkle hemp cord! Your folks will treasure this beauty!

~Tammy~ said...

So pretty Lisa!