Friday, September 13, 2013

Halloween Hexagons

Happy Friday! Today I'm playing along with this fabulous sketch from Seize The Sketch Challenge #3:


I recently picked up a 12x12 sheet of "Frenzy" from Authentique's Thrilling Collection! So festive! The one side is full of Halloween-themed hexagons. I cut them apart and pieced them together to create this:


See the ink splatters? They were a last minute addition. I kept looking at the card and thinking it just needed a little something more. Then, I remembered these two ink splatter images from Welcome to the Office by The Craft's Meow. Perfect.

I'm also lovin' that new Gold Sparkle Hemp Cord from Lawn Fawn! A fun detail.

After I finished this card, I couldn't resist making another one. Similar idea, slightly different layout.


Well, that's it for me today!

Thanks for stopping by!

-----------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Halloween (DeNami Design), ink splatters from Welcome to the Office (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Embossing Powder: Clear Zing! (American Crafts)
Cardstock: Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink), Black (DeNami Design)
Vellum: (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Thrilling Collection: "Frenzy" (Authentique), Mischievous 6x6 Designer Paper Pad (My Mind's Eye), Chiffon Journal (Bo Bunny)
Fibers: Gold Sparkle Hemp Cord (Lawn Fawn)
Tool: Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp)
Vellum Adhesive and Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner: (Tombow)
3D Foam Squares: (Scrapbook Adhesives)

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is awesome..loving all the hexagons.

Lisa Elton said...

Super duper pair of cards Lisa! The ink spots are a fun touch!

Rose said...

spooky fun cards :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

Unknown said...

this is perfectly stamped and executed...i love it!