Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Turtley ADORE You!


* This is my second post for today. Scroll down to see my PDCC166 creation.
 

 If you follow my blog you know that paper piecing is one of my MOST FAVORITE techniques! So, when I saw the most recent challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog, I just HAD to play along!


I had so much fun paper piecing that sweet little Lawn Fawn turtle with patterned papers from the Love Me collection by My Mind's Eye! And I used Smitty's ABCs (Lawn Fawn) to create the sentiment! I absolutely LOVE how easily Lawn Fawn's alphabet stamps line up!!! It makes creating your own sentiments EASY and FUN!!!

I included this card in the package of cards I sent to Winter Sims for her "Cards From The Heart" card drive!!! Hopefully it'll bring a BIG smile to a little kid this Valentine's Day!

Happy Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by!

-----------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Critters In The Sea, Smitty's ABCs, and heart from Making Frosty Friends (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko), Cranberry (Amuse Studio)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Ocean Breeze (Bazzill Basics)
Patterned Paper: Love Me (My Mind's Eye)
Dies: Mat Stack 1, Layerz Mat Stack 1 (Papertrey Ink)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Pop Dots: (Plaid Enterprises)      

 

7 comments:

Karen B. said...

I LOVE the heart bubbles, and this sweet little paper pieced turtle.

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhh I agree with Karen the heart bubbles are adorable. Your little turtle is absolute perfection! you nailed this Lisa, I love it to bits!!!

Sarah J Moerman said...

I adore this card! Love the colors and fabulous paper-piecing! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Glenda J said...

Wow! This is sooo cute! Absolutely love the turtle and the colours are perfect.

Unknown said...

OMG, the plaid turtle spots are adorable. Great design :)

Laurie Chilton said...

Oh my gosh Lisa this will bring lots of smiles. I just love this. Your paper piecing is perfect!!! Outstanding job. :)

Emily Keaton said...

This is totally sweet, Lisa!