Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Autumn Open House

Hi there! Just a quick post today to share some cute little invitations I made for a get-together my husband and I are hosting this month.


All of the images are from "Harvest Season" (Lawn Fawn). I actually won this set for commenting on the Lawn Fawn Blog (Thanks so much, Kelly Marie!!)! I was so excited to finally have a chance to ink it up! I especially love the large whimsical pumpkin and outlined leaves----so perfect for paper piecing (my favorite technique)!

Now, in hindsight I would have created an additional invitation with a fake address and phone number for photgraphing, but of course I didn't think of it at the time. It wasn't until literally minutes ago when my husband said, "Are you going to post that on your blog?" that the idea even crossed my mind. So, I just used the erase tool in Photoshop. Not the prettiest thing, but I'm sure you can use your creative imaginations and visualize an address and phone number in those spaces *wink*! Thanks for your understanding. I'll try to think ahead next time.

Here's a close-up of the paper-piecing:


The patterned papers are from: "2008 Bitty Box Basics" (Papertrey Ink), "Autumn Sparkle" (Karen Foster Design), and "Dotty Biscotti" (Papertrey Ink).

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Paulina said...

Super cute, Lisa! The guests are going to love receiving these invites!

Glad your hubby caught the address thing...don't want some creepy blog stalkers at your door. ;) Did you make these during your time with Michele today? So jealous you guys get to craft together.....

Michele Gross said...

Good thinking on the address nix! These turned out so cute! I hope your party is as fun as the invitations ;)

Jessica Griffin said...

Oh that's beautiful!! LOVE all things fall!! Especially being in Texas and not getting the color change. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Love the paper piecing! Hope the party goes well for you!

Traveling Mama said...

yay! You won! I was so happy to see you won some Schlosser and cannot wait to see what you make! Congrats!