Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cuddly Critters Blog Hop ~ DeNami Design

Hello and welcome to your next stop along DeNami Design's Cuddly Critters Blog Hop! Thanks so much for visiting! The hop begins at the DeNami Design Blog! If you're on track you've arrived here from Michele's blog. Isn't her work amazing?!?!

As you know, this hop is all about DeNami Design's super cute critter images! My friend's little boy is turning ONE soon, and she recently asked me to brainstorm some jungle-themed invitation ideas! I brought out my DeNami Design monkeys and safari animals and went to work! Here are the three sample invitations I came up with:


This first invitation features the lion image from the "Safari Animals Stamp Set" (DeNami Design) and the "Zig Zag Stitch Border" (DeNami Design). I used a stencil and some polka dot paper to create the large number 1. The number and/or sentiment could easily be changed up to create a birthday card/invitation for kids of any age!


The second sample features all three critters from the "Safari Animals Stamp Set" (DeNami Design). I love how these images fit perfectly in a one inch circle punch and can then easily be layered with a one and a half inch scallop circle punch. Aren't they adorable?!?! And again, the sentiment could be changed to fit any occasion!!!

  
The third design features "Swinging Monkeys" (DeNami Design) and "Stitched Border" (DeNami Design)! I just love these monkeys---their cute little bellies and sweet smiling faces (there's a holiday version of this stamp too which has the monkeys wearing Santa hats---it's totally DARLING!)! I created the sentiment on the outside: "Swing on in and join the fun!" Inside it says, "Jonathan is turning ONE!"

So...what do you think? Which one is your favorite? We'll see if your favorite matches up with my friend's choice for her little guy's birthday invitations! Be sure to leave a comment on each participant's blog to increase your chances of winning one of the 3 gift certificates that DeNami Design is giving away!!

Next stop on the hop---the incredibly talented Wendy Elliot! Happy hopping everyone!

-------------------------------
Supplies:

"Lion Invitation"
Stamped Images: "Safari Animals Stamp Set" (DeNami Design), "Zig Zag Stitch Border" (DeNami Design), "Polka Dot Basics" (Papertrey Ink)
Stamped Sentiment (Studio G)
Ink: "Rich Cocoa Memento" (Tsukineko), "Tuxedo Black Memento" (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Fine Tip Black Marker (Paper Mate)
Cardstock: "Lime Crush" (Bazzill Basics), "Stampers' Choice White" (PTI), "Kraft" (PTI), "Rio De Janeiro" (Bazzill Basics)
Patterned Paper: "Studio Basics 101" (Creative Imaginations)
3" Scallop Punch (EK Success)
Fillable Frames #1 Die (PTI)
Circle Template (Staedtler)
1 from Deja Views Stencils 2" Whimsy
Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)
Pop Dots (All Night Media)

"Safari Trio Invitation"
Stamped Images: "Safari Animals Stamp Set" (DeNami Design), jungle leaf from "Playful Animals" (Hero Arts), "Just the Ticket" (PTI)
Stamped Sentiment: "Just the Ticket" (PTI)
Ink: "Tuxedo Black Memento" (Tsukineko), "Rich Cocoa Memento" (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: "Kraft" (PTI), "Stampers' Choice White" (PTI), "Lime Crush" (Bazzill Basics), "Tangelo Blast" (Bazzill Basics), "Lemon Bliss" (Bazzill Basics), "Chocolate Truffle" (The Paper Company)
1" Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida)
1.5" Scallop Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida)
Patterned Paper: "Studio Basics 101" (Creative Imaginations)
Twine: (May Arts)
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Foam Squares (Therm-o-web)
Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

"Monkeys Invitation"
Stamped Images: "Swinging Monkeys" (DeNami Design), "Stitched Border" (DeNami Design), "A Little Argyle" (PTI)
Stamped Sentiment: "Tiny Alphabet" (Stampendous!)
Ink: "Rich Cocoa Memento" (Tsukineko), "Simply Chartruese" (PTI)
Cardstock: "Vintage Cream" (PTI), "Lemon Bliss" (Bazzill Basics), "Chocolate Truffle" (The Paper Company)
Copic Sketch Markers
Twine: (May Arts)
Button: (from my stash of embellies)
Stardust Clear Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura)
Scor-Tap (Scor-Pal)

31 comments:

Paulina said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable are all of these cards?! Each of them are so lovely! I particularly like the first one- there's something about the little lion peeking out from the one. :)

We are so happy you were able to join us in the Cuddly Critters Blog Hop, Lisa! You always make our stamps look amazing!

Michele Gross said...

OMG! Lisa these are all amazing! Your friend is going to have the hardest time choosing! If I were her, I'd have you do one for save the date, one for the invite and one for thank you notes! Hehehehe, sorry to make you work so hard! :D

Tina said...

Your cards are just adorable. I love all three, but my favorite is the second one with all three of the jungle buddies!

Audrey said...

Super cute! I love those animals but I have to say the monkeys are my favorite!

Unknown said...

Thanks for calling me incredibly talented.. :-)
LOVE all of your cards. They are so fun... love that they could be used for boys. Boy cards seem to be harder to make.

Lisa Condreay said...

I love them all, but I think my favorite was the monkeys. They look so mischievous, about like a one year old. Thanks for the ideas.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Girl, you're on a roll! Love those cute cards!

Linda H. said...

Great job with all the animals. Very cute cards and great ideas for invitations.

Anne Harada said...

Oh wow! Your work on all of these cards is amazing! These critters are so cute, love the ones you used. Dang I thought I had all the ones I wanted already!! Must go shopping!! Great job!

Laurel Beard said...

So cute. I can't pick a favorite. Sorry!! They are all equally adorable!

Kim Wilson said...

These are fabulous Lisa!!! My fav is the second one :) Cant wait to see what she picks!

Pam said...

These are all so adorable! Love the lion peeking around the big #1.

Annette Holleger said...

These are all wonderful cards. Tough to pick a favorite but if I must, I like the first with the lion sneaking around the number because it focuses on the first birthday. Thank you for sharing such wonderful work.

Sheryl said...

All three are wonderful! Love that you stenciled the "1" to match the background paper.

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh wow, Lisa, you have outdone yourself! These cards are ALL soooo cute! I am having a hard time choosing which one I like best. They all look so fabulous and cheerful! :)

~Tammy~ said...

Lisa, these are awesome! You are truly talented and I would have a hard time choosing from your wonderful work! You're friend is lucky! Thanks for sharing with us! They are too cute!

Karen B. said...

Oh I like the first one the best but they are all way too cute.

Kristy Smith said...

Oh my goodness these are so cute! I love all of these invitations! Thanks so much for sharing! =D

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovin' all of your cards!!!!!!!!!

Laura Petruso said...

These are all so crazy cute! How could anyone choose! Hopefully your friend needs 12 party invites and you could make 4 of each! That would be my choice-- SO FUN!

Angela said...

These are all fun and cute; so perfect for the little ones! Well done!

Kimberly said...

The cards are so cute. Love the monkies and the zoo animals. Thanks for sharing!

Brelan said...

These are so cute. Love them all.

Amy said...

as usual, one of my favorites! so cute! you are so talented! :) i am sure your friend will love what you created! great use of combining the 1 with the lion! cute idea!!

Anita said...

Your cards are amazing. The safari animals are just adorable.

karahoward said...

I really have to choose a favorite? Probably the monkeys - but all three are wonderful. Love the stripes in the scallop circle in the 1st one. I don't think of using striped paper that way. Wish I'd found DeNami when I was making baby announcements a few months ago.

Unknown said...

It's so hard to pick a fav! They are all so cute and unique in their own ways! I think I'd have to go with #3!

Nicki S said...

These are all so cute, Lisa! You did such a great job! My favorite is card #2. I love what you did with the twine!

Mandi said...

If my vote counted I would go for number 2 because I am not sure who is cuter the elephant or that stinkin' cute zebra! Great invitations.

Amy Schumacher said...

FABULOUS cards! Sorry I'm late for the blog hop, but your cards are fantastic! Love the colors and patterns!

Tigriswillreign said...

So cute!!