Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Theme and a Sketch

Hello! Here's a card I created using the theme from Studio 313's latest challenge and the sketch from Jen Del Muro's most recent SFYTT.


The theme over at Studio 313 is "Top Selling Albums of All Time." How cool is that?!? Click HERE for all of the deets. There's still one more day to play along!!! My card is based on the song "Beat It" from Michael Jackson's Thriller album! HA! And here's the sketch I used:


This card was so much fun to create! And I have to admit...I was humming the tune of "Beat It" during the entire process! Gosh...I used to idolize Michael Jackson and all of the dancing in his videos! My friends and I totally memorized all of the moves and would spend hours dancing to our Michael Jackson tapes! 


The bowl, the whisk, and the cute little apron stamps are from TooMuchFun Rubber Stamps. LOVE THEM! And they are great for paper piecing (one of my FAVE techniques)!!!!

Here's a close-up:


So...what do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by!

-----------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamped Images - Apron, Bowl, Whisk (TooMuchFun Rubber Stamps)
Ink - "Onyx Black VersaFine" (Tsukineko)
Patterned Paper - "Early Bird: Farmers Market and Ribbon Sandwich" (Cosmo Cricket), "2008 Bitty Box Basics" in Pure Poppy and Lemon Tart (PTI), "Joy Ride" (Cosmo Cricket)
Buttons - "Vintage Holiday Mix" (PTI)
Zots (Therm-o-web)
Pop Dots (All Night Media)
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Twine (purchased at Michaels)
Mini Red Brad (something I found in my stash)

Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Lisa those images are adorable!

Karen B. said...

Thanks, now I'm singing Beat It! Really, though, what a creative approach to your song. Totally puts a smile to my face. Love the colors and the images and your interpretation of the sketch. Fantastic!

Kim Wilson said...

That is too funny about the Michael Jackson :) I love this card girl, too cute! Where have u been lately? I have missed you playing along at Off the Wall Craftiness ha ha! Hope you can play sometime soon, I have some sweet prizes coming up like some Practicing Creativity and Copics!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a fun card! Love that apron image! Great job with this week's SFYTT!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card...and love your inspiration for it! *smile* Great stamps and fabulous paper piecing! Thanks for playing with us at Studio 313!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Great job with the card! Perfect image for the song!!! Pretty dp that goes so well with the image. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
Studio313 DT

Kay D said...

Great card- I love that apron image!