Friday, May 14, 2010

DeNami Design Color Challenge #2

Happy Friday, everyone! I had the best time today getting inky with a couple of my blog friends!!! I even managed to be somewhat productive and created a card for the most recent challenge over at DeNami Design!!!

Here are the colors for the challenge:


And here's my creation:


The idea was to create a parade of umbrellas dancing in the rain. I created some background paper with Polka Dot Basics (PTI), stamped the umbrellas (DeNami Design) onto the polka dot paper, stamped them again on solid colored cardstock, cut all of the pieces out, and then mixed and matched them across the front of the card.


I stamped the raindrops (DeNami Design) in aqua and then colored them in with Copic Sketch Markers.


My sweet friend whom I was stamping with just happened to have the perfect sentiment (by DeNami Design)!!! I added a bow...some bling...and voila! So what do you think?

And finally, a photo of what I came home to this evening: 


Believe it or not there is a mountain side beyond our deck but thanks to the white-out you can't see it ;) Anyone else out there STILL experiencing winter on May 14th?

Hope you have something extra fun planned for the weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

-------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamped Images - "Large Open Umbrella" (DeNami Design), "Seeds/Drops" (DeNami Design), "Polka Dot Basics" (Papertrey Ink)
Stamped Sentiment (DeNami Design)
Ink - "Raspberry Fizz" (Papertrey Ink), "Onyx Black VersaFine" (Tsukineko), "Aqua" (Color Box), "Fresh Green" (Tsukineko)
Cardstock - "Stampers' Choice White" (Papertrey Ink), "Black" (The Paper Company), "Aqua" (The Paper Company), "Lime Crush" (Bazzill Basics), "Raspberry Fizz" (Papertrey Ink)
Ribbon - "Hibiscus Burst Saddle Stitched Ribbon" (PTI)
Gemstones (Hero Arts)
Copic Sketch Markers
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)
Adhesive Foam Dots
Zots (Therm-o-web)

Finished Card Size: 6" x 4.25"

14 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Sooooooo Cuuuuuuuuute!!!!! I just love how you did your umbrellas- the polka dots, the little bit of bling and how they hang off the card a bit! Absolutely wonderful!! So glad you could join us the DeNami challenge!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So lovin' this card Miss Lisa!!! Man...it was snowing in your neck of the woods...hmmmm.....Springtime in the rockies..eh..lol!! Hope you are well.....

-t

Karen B. said...

What a fun card, and cool how you alternated the solid/patterns on your umbrella tops and handles.

Gail S. said...

What a great card! Didn't think I needed the umbrella stamp, but now that I see your card, I thought wrong!

Monika Reeck said...

So lovely Images and very pretty color on your card..good luck with the challenge, hugs, Monika

Paulina said...

This is awesome, Lisa! As you know, I just love that umbrella stamp!

Wow, I cannot believe you all are still getting snow....our weather is completely the opposite! Today I was wearing a tank and capris! :)

So glad you were able to join us again for the DeNami challenge. It just wouldn't be the same without you!

Laurie Chilton said...

Lisa your card is adorable. By the looks of your deck it looks as though you needed an umbrella today! Thanks for playing along with us. :)

Jen Sminch said...

Lisa, I LOVE the way the raindrops are only above the umbrellas...super-creative! Thank you for always leaving such positive feedback about my cards!

Shauna said...

I love this card. The white space, the clean, simple colours.. it's like the cleanliness of spring rain.

Rosemary said...

Love this card! So cute! Congrats on your Fabulous 3 Spotlight!!

Michele Gross said...

Yay! Your umbrella's rocked! Congrats on being Spotlit :)

Sherri Thompson said...

Adorable card! I love that sentiment with the umbrellas-it goes perfectly with the new Mimi stamp with the umbrella, too! bongrats on being featured!

Unknown said...

Congrats! Super fun card.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty! Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at DeNami! :)

-Jo:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com