Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A St. Patrick's Day SFYTT

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!! Are you wearing your green today? Here's a card I created using Jen Del Muro's most recent "Sketch For You To Try (SFYTT)." Click HERE to see the original sketch and to learn how you can play along.


I am honored to introduce you to "Chickie O'Shea" (well, technically he's the "Large Chickie" image from DeNami Design, but since I dressed him up like a leprechaun I thought I should give him an Irish name...Ha!). Isn't he CUTE?!!?!! I LOVE him!!! And I am thinking this could become a tradition for me----dressing Chickie up for various occasions!! Oh, that would be such fun!!!

I started out by stamping the Large Chickie image onto pale yellow cardstock. Then, I accented him with my Copic Sketch Markers. I made the hat from little scraps of cardstock that I had in my scrap box. His 4 leaf clover (for good luck of course) was created using my Fiskars Shape Boss. I just embossed 4 hearts next to each other and added an embossed stem. Then, I cut it out and added some sparkle with my Stardust Gelly Roll pen. 

Close-up:


The green cardstock background is embossed with polka dots. I did this using my Fiskars Shape Boss. And, I created the sentiment using my "Susan Branch Letters & Numbers" (All Night Media).

Well, may the Luck O'the Irish be with each and every one of you today and always! Thanks for stopping by!

-----------------------------
Supplies:
Stamped Image - "Large Chickie" (DeNami Design)
Stamped Sentiment - "Susan Branch Letters & Numbers" (All Night Media)
Ink - "Onyx Black VersaFine" (Tsukineko)
Copic Sketch Markers
Cardstock - "Kraft" (Papertrey Ink), "Fern Cover" (ANW Crestwood), "White, Pale Yellow, Black" (scraps from my scrap box)
Patterned Paper - "Argyle In Spring" (free paper quad from Take Ten Magazine by Stampington)
Fiskars Shape Boss - "Creative Sampler Template"
Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura)
Stardust Clear Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura)
Shamrock Stickers (The Paper Studio)
Cutter Bee Craft Knife
Corner Rounder Tool
Adhesive Tape Runner (Therm-o-web)
Pop Dots (All Night Media)

Finished Card Size: 5" x 5"
  

4 comments:

Shauna said...

what an adorable little chick!

N Nakamura said...

Hi Lisa,

That's just too cute! So creative and fun. Can't wait to see what other costumes you come up with in the future.

Anonymous said...

Love the chickie! I am looking forward to seeing your other creations with him! - Lauren

Heather said...

That chick is so cute!