Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cute Card Thursday #75

The theme for the most recent Cute Card Thursday Challenge is "New Beginnings." How convenient...my husband's cousin just had a baby boy, and I still need to send her a card!! Here's my creation!

I love to use stitching on baby cards. I think it adds such a soft and cozy touch. Here I used floss for the stitching because I thought it had a rope-like appearance that goes nicely with the nautical theme. I cut apart the sentiment, so I could curve the "baby" part on my acrylic block. I was trying to mimic a wave with the overall layout of the sentiment. I also used pop dots to adhere the B-O-Y blocks to give them dimension!! Hope you like it!!


Happy Stampin'!


Supplies: Stamped Image & Sentiment - "Sweet Pea" (Fiskars); Ink - Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Onyx Black (Versafine); Markers (Copic Sketch); 2-Sided Patterned Paper - "Baby Boy Stripe" (Cloud 9 Design); Cardstock - White & Light Blue (Archivers); Scalloped Punch (Marvy); Ribbon - "chick-a-doo" (SEI); White Floss (Janlynn Corp); Buttons - "Baby Boy" (SEI); Pop Dots (All Night Media); Glue Dots; Hole Punch; Corner Rounder

Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 4.25"

No comments: