Friday, February 17, 2012

Paper Crafts Magazine: WCMD Winners Blog Hop!


Hey there, blog friends! Today I'm SO EXCITED to be participating in the Paper Crafts Magazine World Card Making Day Winners Blog Hop! WOOHOO!!! If you're on track you've arrived here from the blog of the uber talented and super sweet Laurie Willison!!! If not, no worries, just head on over to the Paper Crafts Connection Blog to start at the beginning! There are FABULOUS prizes to be won, so be sure to visit each participant's blog!!! (more about the prizes later in this post)

The March/April 2012 issue of Paper Crafts Magazine just hit the newsstands and features the winning cards from the most recent WCMD Contest PLUS...TONS and TONS of INCREDIBLE inspiration from designers all over the world! You'll DEFINITELY want to check it out!!!

For today's hop we were asked to create a new card that fits within the category in which we were chosen as a winner. For me, that was the "Love" category. Here's my brand new "Love" creation:


I paper pieced the hearts with texty patterned paper and then used a pink marker to highlight some of the LOVE-related words. Here's a closer look:


Paper Crafts Magazine has generously offered to let me give away a copy of the March/April 2012 issue! In addition, I've decided to share some of the goodies from my WCMD prize package!!!


(***I've included a detailed list of items included in the prize package at the end of this post.)

For a chance to win, just leave a comment on each blog along the hop. Comments must be received by Monday, February 20, 2012 at 11:59PM PST. I will choose TWO random winners (one for a copy of the March/April issue and one for the prize package pictured above) from all of the comments received on my blog. The winners will be announced on my blog on Wednesday, February 22, 2012! GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Next stop: Patricia Folchert's AMAZING blog!!!

Happy Hopping!!!!!

---------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Small Heart Outline E132, Stitched Border N130, "with love" from Love Sentiments Stamp Set PF42 (DeNami Design)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Brown Kraft and Pink (DeNami Design)
Patterned Paper: Black and White Love Newsprint (Canvas Corp)
Copic Ciao Marker R20 Blush
Tool: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Punches: Round Binding Edge (EK Success), Lace Heart Edge Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
Baker's Twine: Blossom (The Twinery)
Quickie Glue Pen: (Sakura)
Adhesive Tape Runner: (Elmer's)
Adhesive Tape Gun: Scotch ATG 700
Pop Dots: (Plaid Enterprises)

Prize Package Contents:
Spellbinders Shapeabilities: Banner Basics Two
Color Box Boysenberry Pigment Stamp Pad
American Crafts Black Pigment Ink Pad
Elmer's Craft Bond Glue Stick
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Egg and Flower Charmers
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Butterfly Baubles
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Birds and Leaves Grand Adhesions
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Alphabet Die-Cut Stickers
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Silhouette Adhesive Chipboard
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Butterfly Adhesive Chipboard
K&Company BW Flora and Fauna: Glitter Alphabet Chip Box
K&Company SW Spring Blossom: Alphabet Chip Box
* Plus, a selection of 6"x6" K&Company patterned papers



192 comments:

  1. I love your card. The way the words are highlighted in the hearts is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the highlighting and that edge that you used. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats for your win, i like your new card and the highlighting idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card showing the many facets of the word 'Love'. Congrats on your win and thanks for the chance to win your generous prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! pretty card and I just love the way you added the highlights to some of the words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just Love your Card...So so Pretty. The Way you have highlighted the words is just Stunning...Congrats on your Win and Thank You for the Chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I like how you highlighted the words in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that card, so simple and classy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, Lisa, congratulations! So well deserved. Your card is tons of fun today, love the pops of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the text hearts! They add so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a BIG fan of your work and I was GLAD to see that you were part of the WCMD winner's circle! You rocked this card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty!!! LOVE those hearts!!! Congrats on your win!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the details of your card. Very cute. Congrats on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, love the hearts! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea to highlight the words within the text hearts. This card is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great card! Love those pieced hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card! Love the text hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! How cute!!!! What a wonderful idea!!!!!!

    The prize pack is fun too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely card! congrats on your publication!

    ReplyDelete
  20. clever card :) congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card. Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute card, lisa! congrats on your win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very Cute Card! Thanks for the wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you framed the text~brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is lovely! Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is just stunning! Brilliant idea of highlighting the text! Thanks for the chance to win such a fab prize! Congrats on your win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the way you used the text in the hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. awesome card...I love those hearts...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations, Lisa - this new card today is a winner in my eyes, too - love the text hearts and your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really really really love this card...it is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the text hearts..lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Lisa, your card is so totally awesome. I love it!!

    I hope that you're coming on Monday to Archivers. I hope to see you.

    Hugs,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on winning! Love your card. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a cute card. Love how you accented the words with pink! Thanks for sharing your amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hopping around.... Thanks so much for the inspiration. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wish I'd have seen this card before making my Valentine's!! Of course, it's never too late to send "Love" card, is it? Congratulations on winning!! This is a great prize..I'd love to be the winner of it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your card. Love how you used the text as a accent on your card.
    cstephenson at q dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Cute card! Love those text hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful card, Lisa! I love your idea of highlighting key words in the text!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your LOVE card! So pretty. I like the text hearts. Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card! Love the layers of craft!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. huge congrats on your publication :) and I looove your card ♥ also thank you for a chance to win :) x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats Lisa! Love all the little details you added! Thanks for the chance to win your generous blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Not only are you talented and make beautiful cards, you have a generous heart! Signing up to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love this card. How you highlighted the words. I looked at previous cards. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Absolutely love love your card, thanks for posting, such great inspiration! Congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I adore your card. The highlighting ides is just the right touch. Congrats on being a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the twine accent and the punched edges. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Glad I'm free to be able to hop today. Pretty & unusual card.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Brilliant! Love the highlighting. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great idea for a card. Love pink and black too.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great card...the highlighting is brilliant! Congrats on your win! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The Kraft with the pink is fantastic! Great idea to use the highlighter marker on the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh my goodness, I LOVE your card. Stinking AMAZING! Thanks for being do giving!

    ReplyDelete
  57. How lovely, love the idea of highliting the text, I might borrow your idea ;) TFS and thank you for letting us share with you on this hop.
    I am a new follower and sure to come back,
    Thanks again and have a great day!
    Liz
    unikebyyes at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. love how you highlighted the words in the hearts! pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I really like what you did with the "notes" and the hearts are really eyecatching - great work and great win !!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Just love your text hearts with highlighted words - so sweet! Congrats on your Paper Crafts win and thanks for the chance to win goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  61. So sweet, Lisa. Always such a treat to stop by your blog and see what you are creating. Congrats on the WCMD win! So deserving! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I LOVE this card! I might have to CASE it, the hearts are darling! Congrats on winning WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hi Lisa! A grat idea with to say how love is...

    ReplyDelete
  64. Great card and congrats on winning! I see you live in Golden! We used to live there!! Great little town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. The highlighting of the love words really made the hearts special. Very cute card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wow!! I love this card. The newspaper print hearts really make the cake. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Adorable card! I love the paper pieced hearts and how your highlighted the word love! So sweet! Congrats on your win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love the hearts and the note paper too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Congratulations on your win! The way you highlighted appropriate words on your hearts is brilliant. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Highlighting love words...genius!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great card! I already have this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Loved your card - loved the way you coordinated the pink throughout :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Brilliant really! Thanks for sharing this great concept! and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Fun card! I like the layout. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  75. LOVE your card. The highlighted words on the hearts are so cool. Congratulations on your win and thanks for a chance to win such a great prize.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Your card is SO lovely, Lisa!! I just love seeing all of those lovely DeNami products. Awesome! A huge congrats for winning in the WCMD contest!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  77. Oh Lisa, what a great card...so creative! Congrats on your win and thanks for the chance to win a fun giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love your 'love' text hearts. So cute on your card.
    Congratulations on having your card chosen for WCMD! Awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  79. Awesome card- I love the word highlight- that is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  80. This card is fabulous! Love the notebook edge.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Congrats on winning the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Lisa reppin Colorado....hecks yeah!!!! I just love this super cute card!!!! Can't wait to see you on Monday.....yay!!! Congrats again dearie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love the hearts, great card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love what you did with the hearts. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  85. congrats and whatta sweet sweet card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love your card! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Congratulations! Beautiful card you made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Love the text print hearts and the highlighting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Love your card - the highlighted words is a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. What a cool card! Love it! Cute hearts

    ReplyDelete
  91. Congratulations to you! and that is a very sweet card. love the hearts

    ReplyDelete
  92. I adore your card, Lisa!! Congrats on winning, gf!

    ReplyDelete
  93. I love the layered notebook paper affect, and of course the stacked hearts. I guess I really <3 it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  94. Great card, love the text pattern paper hearts, snow pics....wow that's a lot of snow, the chicks in the tanks....super cute. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Congratulations! Love the adorable card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Such a cute card, love those hearts! Congrats on winning and thanks so much giving us a chance to win as well!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I love your newest 'love' creation. The Kraft paper looks so very good with the pink card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  98. This card is fabulous. The text hearts create such a "Wow" factor!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love your card. The "stitched" hearts and the notecard look is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  100. I really like the name of your blog. The card you made is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  101. Congrats on your win!! I just love this card you followed up with. AND Holy #%&@ that's a TON of snow. I just was browsing along and saw the pictures you posted. All I can say is WOW! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Congrats again on your WCMD win, Lisa! I love your card for today - the pink and kraft is so pretty and I love how you did the hearts!
    Be sure to leave me out of the prize drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  103. I love that you thought to highlight some of the words in the hearts - sucha a great idea! :) Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  104. SOOO STINK'IN CUTE!!~Thanks for sharing
    Pasm Barker
    barker3angels@gmail.com

    www.craftswithpamandpresley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  105. Loved the wording in the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  106. A huge huge congrats on your win! Love your card and the text hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  107. the way you highlighted the words really adds another layer to the card! awesome touch! thanks for the chance to win goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Cute card, how clever to highlight the words in the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  109. Those little hearts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  110. Gorgeous card Lisa! Huge congrats to you and your win! Love your winning card!

    ReplyDelete
  111. Such a clever card Lisa! Congratulations! Keep me out of the drawing, I'm a fellow winner.

    ReplyDelete
  112. The highlighted text on your card is perfect! Thanks for sharing - and congrats on your being published!

    ReplyDelete
  113. I LOVE everything about your card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  114. This is such a cute card for valentines' day!

    ReplyDelete
  115. The hearts stand out so nicely. Great job on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  116. I 'LOVE' your card! TFS!

    Kris in Alaska
    funamom at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  117. love your card, it sho w;s your joy of art.

    ReplyDelete
  118. Lisa, your card is absolutely adorable! Wonderful design and I love the text hearts and the way you have highlighted some of the words! Big congrats on your WCMD win! Thank you so much for the chance to win such fab goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
  119. Such a cute idea for your card! Thank you for the giveaway and congrats on your win!
    janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  120. Super loveable card!!! I especially adore the little hearts cut out of the script paper. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  121. Lovely card--I like the paper pieced hearts.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  122. Congrats! This is a great card, who would have thought a simple highlighter could make such an impact! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  123. I love the hearts and the highlighted words - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  124. What a wonderful idea to highlight the love word!

    ReplyDelete
  125. So cute, love those text hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  126. I really like your winning card! I love how you highlighted the valentine words! The tiny sentiment is just placed just right! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  127. I love the way you highlighted the text. I have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  128. I love your CAS card. What a neat idea with the hearts and highlighting the love words :)

    ReplyDelete
  129. Oh my gosh, I love it!! I've never seen your creations before...

    ReplyDelete
  130. Just too darn cute. Easy to see why you were chosen as one of the winners. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  131. love the newsprint hearts. Thanks and congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  132. The highlighting was definitely a nice and different touch! Great job and congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  133. Love your card, especially how you highlighted the words in pink! Congrats on your WIN! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  134. Love hoe you have highlighted the text - such a fantistic card.

    ReplyDelete
  135. What a beautiful card you created! Congratulations on winning in the WCMD contest!

    ReplyDelete
  136. Congratulations! your winning card is wonderful! thanks for the hop and giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  137. the highlighted words are just fabulous! neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  138. Congrats on being part of this fabulous hop! And look at you giving away goodies...

    ReplyDelete
  139. Such perfect love card with the text highlighted in pink. So very clever. Can see why you're a winner of the WCMD, Lisa ~ congrats! Thanks for sharing your prize package with us.

    ReplyDelete
  140. I love the highlighting idea! Cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  141. Your card is so adorable! I love the highlighted words....what a nice touch! Congratulations on winning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  142. I love how it looks like notebook paper on the side of the card, and the use of highlighting on the words! Congratulations!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  143. Such a sweet card and a sweet give a way! Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  144. Hi Lisa, Congratulations for the winning. When I arrived you blog saw your valentine posts. So creative in sending gifts to loved ones.... How did I missed you before valentines day.

    Your cards is beautiful and with that I got the idea to use few of my papers. Thanks.

    do visit me http://ilovecreativity-bhawana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  145. Congrats on your win! This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  146. Cute card! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  147. So pretty and sweet! Great love card! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  148. great idea to highlight the loving words within the heart shapes; thanx for the inspiration and blog candy opp!

    ReplyDelete
  149. Congrats! You have great card!
    Svetlana xx

    ReplyDelete
  150. LOVE your creativity. Your cute fortune cookies are my fave. Thanks for sharing your genius with us. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  151. So cute! Love the highlights and the "newsprint" - very different!

    ReplyDelete
  152. congrats on your win. I love those text-y hearts. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  153. I love anything made with Kraft paper, and the pink really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  154. Great card! I love how you took the time to highlight the words about love. It adds great detail and personalization.

    ReplyDelete
  155. What a sweet love card! I like the way some of the words are highlighted on the hearts! It really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  156. What an adorable card! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  157. What a wonderfully creative card -- love the highlighted text on the hearts. Also love the post you have today (Sunday) with the heart balloon and love string!
    Thanks for your giveaway. Congratulations on your WCMD win!

    ReplyDelete
  158. What a wonderfully creative card -- love the highlighted text on the hearts. Also love the post you have today (Sunday) with the heart balloon and love string!
    Thanks for your giveaway. Congratulations on your WCMD win!

    ReplyDelete
  159. How Sweet! love the edge and the highlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Congrats! Adorable card in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  161. Congratulations- great idea highlighting the words ,so simple but so Wow

    ReplyDelete
  162. I love this. Those hearts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  163. Who would've thought words could be so decorative? Those hearts are delightful. My mind is whirling trying to think what words I can pair up with other shapes. Thanks for the fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  164. So beautiful hearts! My congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  165. LOVE the highlighted words! Such a brilliant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  166. I love your card. Thanks for the amazing idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  167. I love your card. Thanks for the amazing idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  168. Congrats on winning and thank you for the opportunity to win too! What a fun and cute card, love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  169. awwww cute thanks for sharing and the chance to win tdleavitt106@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  170. a huge congrats to you for getting all those goodies! and your cards are lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  171. That's a valentine I would love to receive! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  172. This is just as fabulous as the one in the magazine! Nicely done. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  173. What a beautiful card! I was gone all weekend, glad I didn't miss out!

    ReplyDelete
  174. Love the hearts on your card - too cute!

    ReplyDelete